Prestashop 1.7.8.3 how truncate product title

Hi forum members,

Until release of Prestashop V 1.7.8.2 I knew how to specify the length of product titles (truncate | product.tpl).

With update 1.7.8.3, this approach no longer valid. Does anyone know where to change / specify the product title length in V1.7.8.3?

Hi JBW,

Thank you for your reply.
Unfurtunatly, changing the value at mytheme/template/catalog/partials/miniatures/product.tpl    followed by:

backoffice, clear cache,
backoffice: force template
FTP:  Clear smarty cache

does not give any change in front office.

I did fresh install dev-site and tried to change lenght product title to   {$product.name|truncate:10:'...'}...  followed by
backoffice, clear cache,
backoffice: force template
FTP:  Clear smarty cache

No change in front office 

What could I do wrong?

Edited by peter4661 (see edit history)

I tried again to set lenght of product title: reduced it to 10, set it to 100. No change in the front office.

If I am the only one with this issue, then then problem might not with Prestashop, then I really don’t know where to look for….. server related, PHP version ?

JBW said, is stil working the same way. I have no idea why it is not working on my site.  Can anybody respond to my question if you are experiencing problems with truncate product title?

On 2/28/2022 at 5:49 PM, JBW said:

Truncate still works same way e.g. {$product.name|truncate:30:'...'}

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2022 at 9:34 AM, peter4661 said:

I tried again to set lenght of product title: reduced it to 10, set it to 100. No change in the front office.

If I am the only one with this issue, then then problem might not with Prestashop, then I really don’t know where to look for….. server related, PHP version ?

JBW said, is stil working the same way. I have no idea why it is not working on my site.  Can anybody respond to my question if you are experiencing problems with truncate product title?

Please, be aware that the product name is called in several places and files. Depending on what you want to change, you must modify the correct file and instance of {$product.name} Truncate MUST work because it's just a php modifier included in smarty, so you should be able to truncate any string.  If you can elaborate where you want the product title to be shortened, we might have a chance to help you.

Hi Louis, thank you for your reply. I did seek for help in the Dutch Prestashop community. A developer was be able to solve the problem. Which seemed to be related to server caching issue (Litespeed) which prevented to show change in the front. 

• Like 2