Admin section unavailable after upgrade to 1.4.1

I have created a mirror of my live site at dev.buylamination.com to test and see how this upgrade process works. Last time I upgraded (a long time ago!) the whole site was so messed up I never upgraded again.

The upgrade process itself was actually quite smooth and much more intuitive than the previous time.

The front office came up fine after upgrade and I almost threw a party thinking it was so easy. The product detail page was erroring with the default template so I downloaded and changed to the new alternative template for PS by changing the config/settings file, and now all is well. Looks terrible till I can get into admin but functional.

HOWEVER.... My admin area will not work no matter what I try.

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at dev.buylamination.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

If I change http://dev.buylamination.com/adminxxx/login.php to http://dev.buylamination.com/adminzzz/login.php I get my 404 page. So it's there in some form, but not connecting.

I have tried re-uploading the admin section fresh to make sure something wasn't missing - no luck.
I have turned on error messaging - no luck.

Is there a setting somewhere I might be able to change to fix this? I know some others are having problems with their admin area not showing up but not sure if it's the same.

I desperately need to figure this out. Please let me know if you have ANY ideas. Thanks.

• 1 month later...