Cart cannot be loaded or an order has already been placed using this cart

Hello community.  I am very much a newbie as the persons who developed my site are no longer available.  I am using 1.7.4.2 version of PrestaShop  for past couple of years.  New issue is that many customers are complaining that "credit card is declined" even though credit card is good.  I am using Stripe module for merchant engine.  However, Stripe is never invoked when this happens.

I look at error logs.

I see many times this error sequence;

FrontController::init - Cart cannot be loaded or an order with this cart has already been placed using this cart

FrontController::init - Cart cannot be loaded or an order with this cart has already been placed using this cart

Back office connection from 76.90.88.86

I think there is a failure to invoke or pass info to Stripe and that is causing my problem?

Can somebody please tell me what I can do or what additional information I can provide to help me solve this problem?  (I am losing good business each day because of this problem.)

Note: I also have PayPal as an additional module and alternative for payment.  Somehow, several users give up trying to use credit card (Stripe) and then choose Paypal and it always seems to work.

I appreciate any help/support that will help me to resolve.  Thank you!

Do you have the latest version of the Stripe module?

FrontController :: init - Cart cannot be loaded or an order with this cart has already been placed using this cart

When accessing a page, the verification of the shopping cart id is among the first things verified, and if it is an order with this id, the cookie with the saved id will be deleted, later a new shopping cart will be created.