[SOLVED] Module EU Cookie Law [FAILS] updating via BO

PS 1.6.1.13

lgcookieslaw v1.4.20 -> 2.0.0

Modul EU Cookie Law (lgcookieslaw).

By updating the above module I get this error when BO->Module refreshes to list Modules:

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/var/www/clients/client0/web415/web/classes/module/Module.php: Uncaught exception 'ReflectionException' with message 'Class HookOverride_remove61f8161b4bd17 does not exist' in /var/www/clients/client0/web415/web/classes/module/Module.php:2948 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/clients/client0/web415/web/classes/module/Module.php(2948): ReflectionClass->__construct('HookOverride_re...') #1 /var/www/clients/client0/web415/web/classes/module/Module.php(2749): ModuleCore->removeOverride('Hook') #2 /var/www/clients/client0/web415/web/modules/lgcookieslaw/upgrade/upgrade-1.5.0.php(63): ModuleCore->uninstallOverrides() #3 /var/www/clients/client0/web415/web/classes/module/Module.php(499): upgrade_module_1_5_0(Object(LGCookiesLaw)) #4 /var/www/clients/client0/web415/web/controllers/admin/AdminModulesController.php(1495): ModuleCore->runUpgradeModule() #5 /var/www/clients/client0/web415/web/classes/controller/Controller.php(189): AdminModulesControllerCore->initContent() #6 /var/www/clients/client0/web415/web/classes/Dispatcher.php(367): ControllerCore->run() #7 /var/www/clients/client0/we

Can anyone tell me what the error tells me? I tried to delete the module first and reinstall it but it's the same error.

I tried to contact the module developer with no gain. So if anyone here knows about this kind of error - maybe it's just a file to delete before installing or a line to change.

Any help or finger pointing is appreciated.

Thanks for your precious time - it is appreciated!

Pia

Edited by Shopify (see edit history)

Prestashop 1.6.1.13

lgcookieslaw 1.5.1

I downloaded above version to try to copy it manually via FTP. Went back to BO and got the same message:

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/var/www/clients/client0/web415/web/classes/module/Module.php:
Uncaught exception 'ReflectionException' with message 'Class HookOverride_remove6200ffb3f2da8 does not exist' in /var/www/clients/client0/web415/web/classes/module/Module.php:2948 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/clients/client0/web415/web/classes/module/Module.php(2948): ReflectionClass->__construct('HookOverride_re...') #1 /var/www/clients/client0/web415/web/classes/module/Module.php(2749): ModuleCore->removeOverride('Hook') #2 /var/www/clients/client0/web415/web/modules/lgcookieslaw/upgrade/upgrade-1.5.0.php(63): ModuleCore->uninstallOverrides() #3 /var/www/clients/client0/web415/web/classes/module/Module.php(499): upgrade_module_1_5_0(Object(LGCookiesLaw)) #4 /var/www/clients/client0/web415/web/controllers/admin/AdminModulesController.php(1495): ModuleCore->runUpgradeModule() #5 /var/www/clients/client0/web415/web/classes/controller/Controller.php(189): AdminModulesControllerCore->initContent() #6 /var/www/clients/client0/web415/web/classes/Dispatcher.php(367): ControllerCore->run() #7 /var/www/clients/client0/we

The developer is not helping.

Any one can help me out or point in the right direction?

Please? - much appreciated!

Pia

Now I also tried to first Deactivate the module and FTP-delete and copy the 1.5.1 (before v1.4.20)

Went back to BO to search the module - It looks fine with the right version. But when I activate the module the error-message comes back.

Module.php in web/classes/module/ has 0775 rights as any other of the files there. It hasn't been changed since 2017.

with a deeper check of the message the number after 'Class HookOverride_remove######### changes for every refresh. I don't know what that means.

I got it now!

1. I Deactivated the module lgcookeslaw v1.4.20.
  2. I Uninstalled the module.
  3. I via FTP deleted the module completely.
  4. I via FTP copied the module v1.5.1 to the module folder
  5. In BO-modules I located the module with the right version.
  6. I configured the module and saved it. (there were more to configure)

It seems activated and installed and NO errors 💪

No I check the shop functionality.

• Shopify changed the title to [SOLVED] Module EU Cookie Law [FAILS] updating via BO