Hello, can you help edit a few basic parts of the homepage on a downloaded theme?

This is probably really simple ??? but I'm new to Presta shop. Can you help if possible? I downloaded a theme called "REVOSTORE" and I'm trying to change simple things like the homepage pictures, banners, slider and so forth, and must be doing it wrong.

I can't even see where to change the name of the store which is "REVOSTORE".

To try and do this I am going to IMPROVE... DESIGN... Theme and logo ... Pages Configuration ... and I'm then clicking on the slider to change that picture. (I also tried getting the pixels right size after trying without) And then I am updating the details in the 2 languages I am dealing with en and GB.

Still nothing when I click save, and I really can't see where the revostore theme is getting it's pictures and details from. Any help appreciated? :)

Edited by Bri-an (see edit history)

Please change your topic title.

Forum rules: 

Give your topics concise but well explained titles!
Topics titles must be a short description of the message, so that the topic is more easily found while doing a search. Avoid terms like "URGENT", "Help me", etc.

• Bri-an changed the title to Hello, can you help edit a few basic parts of the homepage on a downloaded theme?

Hello, I changed the title now. I don't get an error message, when I tried to change the slider picture, it does not take effect, and I still see the original graphics and titles from the theme and I don't know where they are in back office.

Although most of you I'm sure wont be familiar with this particular theme, is there a reason why changing things like slider photos can be problematic? Is there any reason I can't find the text and sample pics and simply replace them, such as they are hidden from my view? Any help is appreciated.

You don't have basic knowledge about PrestaShop that's why you should start from beginning. Your questions are very easy to solve but at first you have to know all PrestaShop panel sections and what you can change in specific section.

Prestashop in front is mostly build from modules so, changes in view probably will be in module section by editing specific module settings.

Is it really advised or necessary to use the "Database Cleaner module" to reset everything to zero and the features "Check & fix" to refine your database integrity constraints.
and "Clean & optimize"?

It's just that I already deleted the only test customer, there are no further data visible and I already created a couple of dozen products of mine?

many thanks in advance.