Is there more to changing the domain on prestashop?

I have my website on a server in my other room, it's not on a pc that then needs to ftp files to the server.  I wanted to know how to change the domain on prestashop.  I have a website that runs on Magento that resides on www.things4thinkers.com and I was learning how to use linux on this server when I was setting things up so I registered a URL and got SSL working under thingstestsite.de  

Every tutorial I've found assumes you have files on a local PC and you need to back up files and re-upload them to some other server, is that necessary if I own the equipment, there is no host involved, I'm not moving anything to another server physically?  I was hoping I could just have DNS point the URL to the correct IP and everything would just work, but since I don't see that mentioned anywhere I get the feeling that won't work.  I found this section in Prestashops backoffice:

image.thumb.png.3cae3352f49661d69ae9c07d4f6c8f95.png

If I just change the domain's here and make sure the SSL files are updated, will it just work? 

13 hours ago, falken76 said:

If I just change the domain's here and make sure the SSL files are updated, will it just work

Additionally you have to regenerate .htaccess file and clear /var/cache. If backoffice is inaccessibly you can adjust the domains in db table ps_shop_url