Translation of a custom email theme impossible

cehem

Hello everyone,

I have a serious problem with Prestashop emails... I started to create a new email theme in root/mails/themes.

Obviously I made them a bit nicer, with a bit more text, which I took care to put in variables, as found in the original themes, like : 

{{ 'go to the store'|trans({}, 'Emails.Body', locale)|raw }}

Once all this is done, I activate the new theme in appearance > email theme. I also take care to regenerate the emails, then I test.

Result, my English sentences stay in English. So far, it's normal. The problem comes when I want to translate these sentences, by going to appearance > email theme > email translation. It's simple, my sentences are not there 🤬

I was able to translate one of them by adding it directly to the database in [prefix]_translation but well, there are 40 emails to do and I confess I'll end up breaking everything if I have to enter each sentence one by one in the database, when there is a tool dedicated to that!

So I hope there is a subtlety... I don't know when the file is parsed to translate the sentences - I imagine it's when generating the file - but then WHY the sentences that aren't already available in the tool aren't added?

Please help me not to go completely hairless 😭

Thank you ☺️ 

Oh, sorry if my English is bad 😳

• 4 months later...