Multistore, theme appears incorrectly

Di Iorio

Hi guys. I'm looking for a solution to open an alternative page of the store dedicated to wholesalers only. For the occasion I am testing the "Multistore" function. I configured my "new store" with the same template as the main store, but apparently it seems to do not want to know. Look at yourself as the home page appears in the main store (IMG1) and in the secondary store (IMG2). Theoretically, if imposed the same theme, it should use the same CSS, the same parameters. Where am I doing wrong?

img1.png

img2.png

• 8 months later...

I am struggling with same issue.

I have created a second shop with the multistore (old/default shop id 1, new shop id 2).
When creating the second one, I selected for ALL of the details being copied from shop 1.

I am not if it is the themes fault (not being properrly implemented to support multistore) or Prestashop bug.
I have a Child theme which is customized from a commercial theme and quite popular theme.

I have been tracking this for a couple of days now and have noticed so far:

• All of of my themes DB tables are missing rows for the added multishop (rows only for shop_id:1)
    • This results in my homepage missing pretty much all of it's content (and other stuff defined in different theme specific modules)
  • New shop (id 2) doesn't read/get all CSS/Javasript
    • Resulting in may things getting inherited from the parent theme and styling/UI being broken

Is there some particular process how to succesfully enable multistore to ensure the theme is copied 1:1 without any clitches?