Classic Theme: Cannot change footer

poshshop

Hi there, l set up a Presta Shop using the default Classic Version 1.0.0 from PrestaShop.

Then l got sidetracked.

I have returned over a year later and can only see a very old version of my footer sections. Yesterday l was able to view the relevant pages that made up the various links in the footer i.e. my returns policy, my terms and conditions page, etc.

These had been edited with new address details over a month ago, but none of the updated details are showing in the footer links on the actual live shop.

So, what pages is the live shop actually using???

To make matters worse, l now cannot even find the updated policy pages that l actually want to display via those footer links.  I was able to view them yesterday but today? Gone.

OK l believe l've just figured it out. I checked the URLs of the policy pages being linked to.

Bizarrely they were pointing to one or the other out of /gb/ and /en/ versions of the URL

GB = British English locale that l had installed and written the original policy pages under, l think

EN = US English, this is the one l had recently updated my policy pages under (to add to the confusion, l'd have thought that l'd update the policy pages under the additional GB language, surely? Instead, that was the language under which the original policy pages had been written).

Solution: disable the British English localisation (which isn't ideal, because that's my locale).

Alternative: copy + paste the updated version under one locale, to the version under the other locale.