Do not show tax information until cart receives a shipping address

CraftyPenny

I am currently trying to set up Prestashop 1.7.7.7 for origin-based US sales tax.

If the shipping address is located within this one state (VA), it should apply a 6% tax. For the rest of the US, 0% tax should be applied.

I have made this work by applying all products to a single tax rule called "US-VA Rate (6%)" which has a tax rule entry for Virginia at 6%.

This works fine, and I see when I change my shipping address to another state, it applies 0 tax.

However, when I add to the cart as a guest user that has not logged in, I see the tax applied. I do not want to see any tax information until the cart stage receives a shipping address. I am trying to onboard onto Google Merchant Center, and because the tax is displayed at this stage with an unknown destination, Google bot believes the product price + tax is the full product price, so my products look to Google as if they are an incorrect price based on my feed specification.

I'd like to know how to have the cart hide any tax information and have the total price be exclusive of tax. Specifically looking at the template files, I need the "cart.totals.total.value" variable to be correct. Hiding a non-zero tax isn't an option since the total will still be incorrect to Google Merchant Center.

Edited by CraftyPenny (see edit history)