Something is applying styles to dropdown-menu

Jordi Blanch

Hello everybody,

I've created a child theme from classic theme for my PS. One of the things I restyled using css is dropdown-menus used in language selector and category filters (faceted search). These dropdowns where working properly but last week I realized they weren't anymore. After inspecting the element with Chrome DevTools I saw that some styles where being applied programatically (not with css) to the dropdown-menus and this was "breaking" the dropdowns. I'm unable to find what is applying these styles to dropdown-menus. I'm using PS v1.7.7.8, but have been updating it from v1.7.7.2 so I think one of these updates has added this programatical styling to dropdowns, but I don't know which nor why.

The styles that are being applied are:

element.style {
    position: absolute;
    transform: translate3d(Xpx, Ypx, 0px); //This depends on the position of the menu
    top: 0px;
    left: 0px;
    will-change: transform;
    display: block;
}

Also, I've installed a fresh 1.7.7.8 PS on a test server and checked if these styles are being applied to dropdown-menus and they aren't so I'm really lost on what is changing the dropdown-menus styles and how to avoid it...

Is there anyone out there that can give me a clue on what is changing the dropdown-menus styles?

Thank you!

For those who could be facing a similar problem, I finally found what was wrong, it was a problem of "including" bootstrap JS twice in the project... I added a Bootstrap carousel to the product page and didn't know that Prestashop already included Bootstrap somehow, so I included it again and that caused my problems. Removing the new link to bootstrap from my PS solved the problem.