Not working shopping cart after Upgrade 1.7.8.0

MuniGod

Hello 

First of all, let me introduce myself, my name is Ricardo and I am from Chile and I thank you for your help.

After update to 1.7.6.0 to 1.7.8.8 the same problem when in the cart try to delete o add a product must to refresh the page like others guys

i have tried to do what everyone has shared

1- Copy the core.js from prestashop 1.7.8.8 original and paste the current in themes/core.js ( try to do the same with the version 1.7.6.1)  and dowload the core.js shared from @dimtsef 

2- Refresh in shopping cart module

3- delete the cache from folder CACHE

4- change friendly urls off like @wzzly said earlier

But continue the error i need to refresh the page to see the change in delete or add product 

Please you help  and sorry my english 

And another issue that there are some css that are not loaded, but first I want to solve this issue that I have been on it for 2 days :(

Captura.PNG

Edited by elpesaobob (see edit history)

2 hours ago, elpesaobob said:

Hello 

First of all, let me introduce myself, my name is Ricardo and I am from Chile and I thank you for your help.

After update to 1.7.6.0 to 1.7.8.8 the same problem when in the cart try to delete o add a product must to refresh the page like others guys

i have tried to do what everyone has shared

1- Copy the core.js from prestashop 1.7.8.8 original and paste the current in themes/core.js ( try to do the same with the version 1.7.6.1)  and dowload the core.js shared from @dimtsef 

2- Refresh in shopping cart module

3- delete the cache from folder CACHE

4- change friendly urls off like @wzzly said earlier

But continue the error i need to refresh the page to see the change in delete or add product 

Please you help  and sorry my english 

And another issue that there are some css that are not loaded, but first I want to solve this issue that I have been on it for 2 days :(

Captura.PNG

Hello Ricardo,

Have you activated the debug mode in your store?

Could you show us the errors you're getting with debug?

53 minutes ago, stennnn said:

Hello Ricardo,

Have you activated the debug mode in your store?

Could you show us the errors you're getting with debug?

hello

yes define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true); and in the store nothing like you can see in the image in fact many moduls not showing im using the AngarTheme but with the classic is the same 

in the admin section 

ContextErrorException

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php70) failed: Permission denied (13)

but this secure is not important my problem is the front end 

Captura.PNG

Edited by elpesaobob (see edit history)

I solved this problem before couple of months and I has same a problem I ask everyone, do everything, but always the same problem.

How I solved the problem? easy within couple of hours. I already explain in one of my earlier message on other topic. I will repeat here again. I was go from 1.7.7.4 to latest 1.7.8.8.

First download (not direct install or upgrade) all upgrades to 1.7.8.7 in zip files (will be several zip files), then I install first upgrade via One click upgrade BUT CHANNEL is "local directory". Start my shop, make simulation as a buyer, works fine. After that with same way I install one by one upgrade (always simulate as buyer, all works fine). And finally install newest 1.7.8.7. on the same way. Later I normally install (direct install) 1.7.8.8 works fine.

So you must go step by step, one upper installation after another (1.7.4.4 -...-1.7.8.0-...-1.7.8.7-1.7.8.8)

Sorry for my non-native english.

Edited by IvicaB (see edit history)

Finally I went back to version 1.7.6.0 I have all the impression that it changed the names of the classes and ids and that is why the css and js failed in version 1.7.8.8

It was tiring, since I deleted everything except the img folder and uploaded a backup from a while ago modifying the database by hand because I have had prestashop since 2019 full of garbage jaja 

thank you very much for your help 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The solution provided by Zakerian works but I have another problem now, the position of the cart moved and it looks weird. I reset so many times, cleared web browser cache, BO cahe, coockies, checked the hook of the module, Is NAV2 as it should be

The website is ventisolis.ro, please check and see for yourself of what exactly is the problem

Nevermind, I did cleared a few more times the cache both the prestashop and the browser and worked. Now looks fine.

Edited by affent (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I just encountered the same issue. But changing a core file is a very bad practice.

As stated in this thread, there was a slight change in core.js and in the classic theme with this update. So all you have to do is make that change in your theme too.

In my case (and probably in most of your's), all you have to do is replace :

prestashop.emit('updateCart', {
   reason: dataset,
});

With :

resp
});

In function handleCartAction in your theme's cart.js

• 3 months later...
On 2/23/2023 at 6:34 PM, Jgoss said:

I just encountered the same issue. But changing a core file is a very bad practice.

As stated in this thread, there was a slight change in core.js and in the classic theme with this update. So all you have to do is make that change in your theme too.

In my case (and probably in most of your's), all you have to do is replace :

});

With :

resp
});

In function handleCartAction in your theme's cart.js

Well that's true, but since in most themes the js files of themes are combined into one single js file and minified (and in most cases developers of themes remove the _dev folder) it might not be possible for users to modify the cart.js file of the theme. It is the responsibility of theme developers to fix this issue.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...