NF525 for POS in PrestaShop - How can I fulfill?

Lou1234

Hello,

I am Louis from Rock POS team. Recently, I have received many questions from our clients regarding our module's compliance with Article 66 in 2016 French Finance Law (or as someone said, NF525 certification), and the certification (compliance) is believed to be a must for every POS software to be usable in France. But we don't actually know how to do it as Infocert NF525 is thought to be applicable to independent POS software, while our module is working only on PrestaShop platform. Could anyone here support me with this issue? Thank you.

Edited by endriu107
Link removed (see edit history)

PrestaShop cannot be certified for POS because compliance needs to be sure any data cannot be changed or corrupted by merchant.

That’s why official module ps_rem88 : "Conformité à l'article 88 Français v1.0.3 - par PrestaShop" has been deprecated because it never works well.

Modules can alter data, database can be changed outside PrestaShop etc…

PrestaShop is compliant only for ecommerce usage as a tolerance (this tolerance is not compliant with POS usage)

Thanks, but I believe that there is a solution for this. The problem is just I don't know how. As I saw in my Product Seller Account, there is a part where I have to confirm whether or not Rock POS is compliant with Article 66 - French Finance Law 2016 (as attached), so I think that should be a way. Is there anyone here from PrestaShop Legal Team or Tax team who can give me some advices on this? 

image.png.4d22dd7e05885bf16285a39f822893a0.png

I was in a conversation with Alexandre - the Director of Addon Marketplace, he knew that this was a must for every POS module to be accepted in French market, but he could not give me the instruction as it was not his expertise.

Edited by endriu107
link removed (see edit history)

As I said before it’s not possible to be compliant ;)

Some company already lost a lot of time and money to try achieve this, but they always fails to validate certification because PrestaShop data cannot be trusted due to multiple possible alterations by others modules or direct access to MySQL.

So that means there will be no POS modules which can be compliant with NF525 due to the fact that the database can be adjusted from PrestaShop? But I thought the database is managed by the shop owners, and they must follow the rules?

Compliant POS manage themselves data outside PrestaShop on their own cloud.

They have total control of data alterations and can certify that merchant, modules or others unauthorized changes cannot be done.

It require to have an history of all changes with date and the reason.

So only operations made on POS can be trusted, all operations performed on PrestaShop are excluded because its not possible to certify that PrestaShop or modules sent right data.

Edited by Janett (see edit history)