Virtual Products without Associated File Require Shipping Carrier

realloyalist

Hello, I don't know if this is a bug or not but normally with Virtual Products that also have an associated file the Delivery/Carrier Step is skipped during the checkout process. However, if I have a product marked as a Virtual Product but do not have an associated file the Delivery/Carrier Step is shown during checkout though with no shipping charge. In my company's store I have products which are actually donations to our non-profit. This being the case they wouldn't have any associated download file. The problem with either not having the product as a Virtual Product or with having the delivery/carrier step being shown is that if the person trying to make a donation is from a country we do not ship to they cannot complete the order. If I associate a simple file to the product it works fine and skips the carrier selection but then the person receives the notices about a virtual download which is irrelevant being a donation.

I have been searching through all the files I can think of and can't find the function that determines when the carrier selection step is shown. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Prestashop Version: 1.7.3.3