Prestashop upgrade / php conflicts

Oli AO

Hi

I am currently using Prestashop 1.6.1.0 with a 7.0 PHP configuration

I am proceeding with 1 Cick Upgrade to upgrade my website to the latest prestashop version. But to proceed, I need to change my PHP setup to 7.2. Without updating the PHP, the installation fail.

Problem : When I change the PHP setup to the minimum required on my website panel management, I can t enter anymore my back office prestashop. My credential don t work anymore.

It is a chicken/egg story here and I need your help

13 hours ago, Oli AO said:

Hi

I am currently using Prestashop 1.6.1.0 with a 7.0 PHP configuration

I am proceeding with 1 Cick Upgrade to upgrade my website to the latest prestashop version. But to proceed, I need to change my PHP setup to 7.2. Without updating the PHP, the installation fail.

Problem : When I change the PHP setup to the minimum required on my website panel management, I can t enter anymore my back office prestashop. My credential don t work anymore.

It is a chicken/egg story here and I need your help

1clickUpgrade module is ok for upgrading between minor versions. 1.6.1.0----> 1.6.1.24. (or 1.7.------> 1.7.7.7) Be sure you're using one of the latest version of the module (after 4.0.0). I suggest you to upgrade your website to 1.6.1.24 and use php 7.1 (max)

* BEFORE DOING THAT, BACKUP YOUR FILES AND DATABASE IN LOCAL

Then, if everything went smooth, think about upgrading from 1.6.1.24 to ---> 1.7 (not necessarily the latest version). 

1. Checking if your 1clickupgrade give you this option (not recommended, sometimes works sometimes not)

2. Considering a manual upgrade of your PS. (Classic theme and custom code will be reset and modules needs to be checked, most of them will be incompatibles)

3. Considering a migration of your shop, installing a fresh new 1.7 PS and then "migrate" files and database. (Theme needs to be compatible with 1.7 and, if you use some specific modules, they need to be compatibles too or have an upgrade for 1.7)

Proceeding step by step is generally the best option. 

Danny

Edited by Danny (see edit history)