Shipping module calculating weight & price mathematically

I was wondering if is difficult to make a shipping module which would actually calculate weight with price and not reading the preset numbers in fields which I have to manually fill?

We have a shipping for example which is calculated per 100g up to 30kg and each country different values. Kinda hassle , especially if getting half way , the DB response when filling the numbers in boxes , is very slow. Also too much work.

So I'm looking for a shipping module where for each country or zone I can set , for example : 1st. 50g-3$ , following each +50g - 0.5$ ,( means 100g - 3.5$ ) then also add an additional fee 2$ to that parcel for example ( means total would be 5.5$ ) . Each shipping method should have the limitation , so I can set it up for example only up to 2 kg . ( like EMS e-packet )

PS 1.6

As each country has different shipping rates, I couldn't use the zones ( I don't know why shipping can't be set on individual countries ) . So I ended up to make a zone for each individual country and assigned it. Like America assigned to the zone named America ...so it shows up in shipping set DB list as an individual country.

Another question , if that has to be calculated by some formula , does it slow the shipping module, the ordering process ?

If not possible this way, would be possible just make some import module which can convert xls file ( because I can generate that DB of numbers in excel ) ? I know it is somehow possible to import it via MySQL , but I'm afraid to mess up something there , so just simple module with button "Add xls file " would be the best.

Thanks

10 hours ago, 5haun said:

This module will probably do what you want:
https://addons.prestashop.com/en/shipping-costs/20858-table-rate-shipping-shipping-by-zip-code-kahanit.html

Here's the price formulas:
https://www.kahanit.com/documentation/table-rate-shipping-prestashop/price-formula

Email the module dev directly and ask him what which formulas to use for your circumstance

Hello

thanks for the links , I've checked it. Screenshots show that country problem is sorted , that's good but this is a secondary problem for me . I've sorted it out as explained.

The documentation...I'm bit confused be honest. Means I have to email him to get some particular formula to that module ?

That wouldn't work for me because I need to be able to modify numbers in that formula. Filing the numbers into some fields which will be calculated in condition I've explained above. I haven't seen any option like that in screenshots.

I don't know other international shipping methods , but the one we have , works on concept :

Unit 1 - First weigh ( X g / X kg ) - price X $

Unit 2 - Second weight ( additional weight - each additional X g / X kg ) - price + X $.

Unit 3 - to all package is also added some registration fee + price X $ 

So I need to be able modify each unit ( I should be able to modify those " X " )  for particular shipping method, because some methods count per kg , some per grams ( 50 or 100g ) steps and have different price rates.

Module should read the weight of the cart and based on that calculate the price using this formula " unit 1 + unit 2 + unit 2 + unit 2 ...etc( depends on how many steps need to be added ) . and then + unit 3.

I couldn't find something similar in screenshots and back office demo not opening for me. I would also need to see how it works in real time , because there might be some issue when more people using the cart or something. I think there must to be a reason why PS developers haven't done this concept but just plain / raw table which has to be filled by numbers ( those mentioned steps ) manually. I believe it's faster for the script of the cart to read it from the DB table than using the formula and calculating , especially when used by many users at the same time.

I'm not a developer, just guessing.

I'm writing it all here and not private email to the developer for the purpose of sharing this idea. Hope it helps to few others.

Cheers!

On 7/5/2021 at 8:49 PM, 5haun said:

I don't really have answers for your questions however, this module seems to have more options and a working demo:
https://addons.prestashop.com/en/shipping-costs/29332-advanced-shipping-cost-plus.html

You can also check out this addons category:
https://addons.prestashop.com/en/523-shipping-costs

thanks, that one seems to be what I was looking for. I've already contacted the developer with questions.

Cheers!