Import / Export sample products csv file doesn´t match the available fields

Martin511

Hello.

I´m new to Prestashop and just beginning to fill my Prestashop 1.7.74 with products now.

I would like to import products via the basic import function of the shop system.

Prestashop therefor offers to download a sample produckt csv file.
If i fill this file with data and try to import it, the columns of the imported file do not totally match the available fields.
This results in much manual work to match the field with the correct column of the import file.

Why does Prestashop not offer a correct sample file?

Another question to that is: If I have some products configuered already and want to export them to csv, edit, and import them again, then I run into the same problem as described above. The fields don´t match.

Why is is to difficult to export all existing products into a file, edit and import again?
Why can´t I export all existing products to a file that has all fields in it so it will be imported again without manual configuration?
Do I miss something?

Regards Martin

Edited by Martin511 (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

Hello Martin,

I think you make my mistake as well:

I downloaded the "Sample Product file", I filled the data into the file, and on import, I forgot to select on the section "What do you want to import?" the "Products". This section default is on "Categories".

image.thumb.png.6ea914e0031eb73dac53581d76eed149.png 

Hello Suroiu,

thank you for this hint.

But in my case this was not the problem, I already selected the correct section 😉

The problem is that the columns of the Prestashop sample csv file does not contain all fields that are importable.