My E-commerce server cannot access 'addons.prestashop.com' in prestashop 1.7

My E-commerce website was configured with prestashop and worked properly for last 3 years. But suddenly an issue occurred when trying to go to the modules selection section in back office. Below is the issue.

"Cannot get catalog data, please try again later. Reason: Data from PrestaShop Addons is invalid, and cannot fallback on cache"

As a solution for this, I followed below solution.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40722169/prestashop-1-7-modules-catalog-data-not-found

I downloaded the cacert.pem file from 'https://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem' and placed in 'app/cache/prod/'

But it didn't worked.

Same error coming is module selection section.

When i got to the installed modules section, the page is not loading and got 500 error white screen.

Then I tried to connect with 'addons.prestashop.com' with below commands in server linux terminal. But it also failed.

telnet addons.prestashop.com 443

ping addons.prestashop.com

At last I cloned my source code for another server with different IP address. Then it worked. previous error didn't occurred.

I don't understand this situation. Why my previous server cannot connect with 'addons.prestashop.com'?

Is prestashop blocked my server IP?

My prestashop version is 1.7

Please help to resolve this.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I encountered same problem when i tried to connect to prestashop marketplace, first message was like I should check my internet connection, on debug mode i got something like Data from PrestaShop Addons is invalid, and cannot fallback on cache , i tought that allow_url_fopen is disabled but that was not case.

So I figured out maybe there is something with timeout, so i went to /app/config.yml and on line 107 there is timeout set to 5.0 I guess that is 5 seconds.

I changed it to 150 as you can see on attachment and it was working after that just fine.

So what was causing this ? I think that in may server needs more time to proces request and give back response if it's not in 5 secons it will throw an error.

My prestashop version is 1.7.8.0

I hope this will help someone. Cheers

screenshot.jpg

Edited by Gengai (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/29/2021 at 3:43 PM, Gengai said:

Hi,

I encountered same problem when i tried to connect to prestashop marketplace, first message was like I should check my internet connection, on debug mode i got something like Data from PrestaShop Addons is invalid, and cannot fallback on cache , i tought that allow_url_fopen is disabled but that was not case.

So I figured out maybe there is something with timeout, so i went to /app/config.yml and on line 107 there is timeout set to 5.0 I guess that is 5 seconds.

I changed it to 150 as you can see on attachment and it was working after that just fine.

So what was causing this ? I think that in may server needs more time to proces request and give back response if it's not in 5 secons it will throw an error.

My prestashop version is 1.7.8.0

I hope this will help someone. Cheers

screenshot.jpg

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! 🙏

I tried so many things and couldn't find any solution. And it was just a freaking "timeout".

• 3 months later...