Supplier / Product Cost Management

As a small independent retailer most of our product price management (Not inventory) is calculated in a spreadsheet. We have started agreeing partnerships with a wider selection of suppliers. This now begs the question is the faster way of managing these prices?

I am looking for a potential way in which within prestashop I can input my cost prices from all of my suppliers for a product and prestashop then selects the lowest of these cost values, adds a chosen margin automatically and then changes the the product price to this final cost.

This would significantly improve our efficiency and output.

Any suggestions?

• 8 months later...

Hey - I'd also like to see the product procurement cost topic developed properly. Right now Im managing various Pack combinations and would like to have an overview of how much the total cost (not customer price) of a pack with all of its components is.  So far it looks like the product cost is just a passive filed that you can maintain on a product level,  but no useful reporting funtionality to it. Hey developers - how about a dedicated module for that?