PrestaShop Metrics - blank configuration page

maltit

I couldn't update PrestaShop Metrics to the new version (I kept getting an error that the update couldn't be performed). So I decided to delete the old version and reinstall.

Unfortunately after reinstalling the module I got an empty configuration page.

103348920_Zrzutekranu2021-02-15o10_05_24.thumb.png.cf952e865d7c50db32cef266baf79811.png

Hi,

try to enable the debug mode and then check the module's configuration page to see the error which is causing the empty page, if it's still not working, try resetting the module while debug mode is turned on, to check if there are some errors/warnings when resetting the module. If still not working, try uninstalling and reinstalling the module.

Kind regards, Leo

• 3 months later...

Was there ever a fix for this? I'ev just installed the module (v2.2) on a PS 1.7.6.0 store and have a blank config page.

DevTools console shows this error:

Mixpanel error: The Mixpanel library has already been downloaded at least once. Ensure that the Mixpanel code snippet only appears once on the page (and is not double-loaded by a tag manager) in order to avoid errors.
(anonymous) @ chunk-vendors-metrics-settings.2.2.0.js:242

5 hours ago, CYGM said:

Was there ever a fix for this? I'ev just installed the module (v2.2) on a PS 1.7.6.0 store and have a blank config page.

DevTools console shows this error:

Mixpanel error: The Mixpanel library has already been downloaded at least once. Ensure that the Mixpanel code snippet only appears once on the page (and is not double-loaded by a tag manager) in order to avoid errors.
(anonymous) @ chunk-vendors-metrics-settings.2.2.0.js:242

Have you turned on debug mode in Prestashop and see if you get any error? I do not think the javascript issue is the problem. 

Edited by w3bsolutions (see edit history)

I had the same problem with the 2.2.0 module on PS 1.7.7.4 on PHP 7.2.  Turning on PS debug mode did not show errors.  Disabling the uBlock Origin browser extension also made no difference.  Then I upgraded the module to 2.2.1 and the Settings page has now appeared. 

However, after reading the FAQ for the module, I was left with the sense that the module is not offering me more than what Google Analytics already does for me, but restricts me to looking back only 3 months unless I pay someone.  This feels like I'm being asked to onboard onto a pay service for what I can get for free already.  Plus I still have to get my GA tag onto pages as the module doesn't even do that for me. 

I wonder if anyone can dispel my doubts about this module?  I've just disabled it for now.

14 hours ago, watou said:

I had the same problem with the 2.2.0 module on PS 1.7.7.4 on PHP 7.2.  Turning on PS debug mode did not show errors.  Disabling the uBlock Origin browser extension also made no difference.  Then I upgraded the module to 2.2.1 and the Settings page has now appeared. 

However, after reading the FAQ for the module, I was left with the sense that the module is not offering me more than what Google Analytics already does for me, but restricts me to looking back only 3 months unless I pay someone.  This feels like I'm being asked to onboard onto a pay service for what I can get for free already.  Plus I still have to get my GA tag onto pages as the module doesn't even do that for me. 

I wonder if anyone can dispel my doubts about this module?  I've just disabled it for now.

Yep, the 2.2.1 update fixed it for me too and I'll echo exactly the same sentiment - I don't really feel like it does anything useful and I've also disabled it for now.