Pack of Products / Bundles?

I am faced with the problem of the following specific application:

The range of goods should consist of a large number of individual parts for the construction of various systems and there should be a product category group for example configurations in which various combinations of individual parts are shown as product packages or bundles, but which cannot be ordered in this form (i.e. product package or bundle as an orderable article), but only their individual parts.

An example: A filter device consists of 10 individual parts. The sample configuration shows what the finished product looks like and what parts it consists of and in what quantities. However, it should not be possible to order the sample configuration as an article, but instead the 10 individual parts in the respective quantity.

In an older version of PrestaShop (v1.6.0.9) I had solved this with a 3rd party "Bundles" module, which bypasses the limitation of the product type "product packages", but this only worked more badly than well as I imagine.

I assume the pack of products core function in the latest PrestaShop 1.7  still does not work as supposed to (like it's solved in Magento), so how could this be implemented?

P.S. As Magento has already demonstrated, such a product type should not exist as a module, but as core functionality, otherwise a lot of problems (such as with stock management in the PrestaShop configuration mentioned) are inevitable. I also wanted to avoid 3rd party modules for important functionality like this, because otherwise you would face the problem with updates (which is why the mentioned older PrestaShop installation could not be updated further).