Controller "AdminParentModulesCatalog" is missing or invalid

Hello,

I just installed prestashop v 1.7.7.1 for a client at a webhoster. I connected his prestashop-addon account to the shop.

When I access the Module -> Module catalogue for the first couple of times, the page tries to load modules from the store (I think), but is only showing the white and empty boxes of modules.

After accessing the page again after some time the following error occurs: "The Controller AdminParentModulesCatalog is missing or invalid".

I checked via FTP and yes, the Controller is missing (Controller -> Admin). I downloaded some previously versions and there is the controller missing too.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks and regards

Christoph

EDIT:

I just found out, that the Module "PrestaShop Marketplace in your Back Office" is required for the catalog. It was deactivated in the shop, I activated it an now it works.

Edited by CMeier Software (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem, the required module is not "PrestaShop Marketplace in your Back Office", but "Tips & Updates". I deactivated both for optimization, but i guess the latter is required to access the modules' repository.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, Mediacom87 said:

Hi,

did you try to just log out of your addons account in the backoffice to reload the module catalog page?

It is not caused by that, I am logged out. It is missing some required modules of the original Prestashop, and after further investigation, it seems both "PrestaShop Marketplace in your Back Office" and "Tips & Updates".

• 10 months later...
On 1/26/2021 at 8:46 AM, CMeier Software said:

EDIT:

I just found out, that the Module "PrestaShop Marketplace in your Back Office" is required for the catalog. It was deactivated in the shop, I activated it an now it works.

Same problem, its work for me too. Thanks

Maybe i have solution.

In SQL DB go to _DB-PREFIX_tab table, must find this:
1) AdminParentModuleCatalog (active 1, enabled 1) and 1 line under this line (sorry for my english) is
2) AdminModuleCatalog (active 0, enabled 1) --> need switch 0-1 in active (active 1, enabled 1)

This work for me and without PrestaShop Marketplace