Inserting a "dummy" volume discount table on each product page

mza1979m

I currently have several cart rules setup that apply discounts based on quantity of products purchased from a given category (eg. buy 2+ of any product in this category: get 15% off total order ... buy 5+: get 25% off, etc). This works great and calculates the discounts at checkout. However, is it possible for me to display the 'volume discounts' table on each product page, but NOT have the volume discounts actually calculate (because the cart rules are already taking care of the discounts)? If I setup product-specific discounts, the table will display, but the volume discounts will come into effect and the 2 discounts will overlap and both discounts will actually be applied to the products. Is what I'm asking possible at all? Are there alternative solutions? Can I simply insert my own manually written table into the product page somehow? Maybe using hooks? I've only been using PrestaShop for 1 week, so go easy on me.

I figured it out... I wasn't supposed to use a "Cart Rule" for this. I'm supposed to use a "Catalog Price Rule". Then it shows the volume discount table AND displays the price reduction on the same screen (not during checkout), which is exactly what I needed. Thanks me!

EDIT: Nope, I'm an idiot. I thought I figured it out. Catalog Price Rules don't let you mix and match items to get discounts. You'd have to purchase multiples of the same item to get the discount, and I want customers to be able to purchase any item and it would contribute to the cart total, and if that total reaches a certain number, the discount would apply to the cart. So I had to go back to that, but unfortunately it makes the table on every product page to disappear.