Product CSV Import keeps adding new products

Meffing

I'm trying to update products via the CSV import, but no matter what I do, I keep getting new products instead of updating the existing ones. I've already managed to update Categories, so not sure why Products is not working in the same way.

• I'm running v1.7.7.0
  • I'm using ID, not reference.
  • I've tried forcing and not forcing IDs. No difference.

Essentially, I will import a new product (new), then get the ID and put it into the same CSV I just imported. Change any field, like price for example, import the CSV again (with the ID, properly matched and everything) and I get a duplicate product in the Catalogue, with a different price.

So, to summarize:

1. Updating Categories via CSV works fine.
  2. Creating new products works fine.
  3. Updating a product doesn't work. I end up with another product.

Any ideas? I've been searching around but I was not able to find this issue. People seem to have problems with products not updating (usually bad data input), but I haven't found anyone ending up with new products despite having specified the ID.

Thanks!

I do have a similar problem. I´ve been asking in the spanish forum without success.

I got Prestashop 1.7.6.3 with standard theme.

When I try to update for example quantities in the combinations I always got duplicates of the combinations: If I got 3 small in blue, 4 medium in blue, etc... and I want to add 2 more to each combinations, I end having the same 3 small in blue, 4 medium in blue... plus 2 small in blue, 2 medium in blue.

So if I got one item with 6 sizes and 5 colours (30 combinations) and I want to add any quantity to all those combinations via csv I end having 60 combinations half of them being the same with different quantities. 

If I don´t want to add quantities, but just edit the EAN13 code, it happens the same: 60 combinations. 30 with quantities but no EAN13 and 30 without quantities but with EAN13

So I don´t get a duplicate of the product, but a duplicate of the combinations in the same product.

@Aldeag I haven't tried Combinations yet, but I guess I'll run into the say issue. I started with simple products. It's a shame, as the process is very straight forward and, as far as I understand, it should just work out of the box. @juanrojas Thanks for the offer, but I'm not looking for any paid solutions right now. First I need to get the shop up and running and start making some revenue before I can start spending. Maybe since you seem to be Prestashop experts, someone in the company can shed some light on this issue? Won't make you any money right now, but you never know, I might end up needing a store manager some day.  🙂

Update: Not sure why, but today I deleted all products and started testing from scratch and it seems to be working as expected. It is necessary to have Force ID enabled for the import and I haven't tried using Reference or doing Combinations yet, but I hope it will also work. 

The only "issue" I'm noticing is that I get a new image with every update. I assume it is expected as I'm feeding it an external URL, so not sure Prestashop will know that it is the same image. I'm going to try feeding it the same as the existing one, to see if Presta is smart enough to realize it is the same URL for the image and skips it.

Edited by Meffing (see edit history)

hace 5 horas, juanrojas dijo:

This tool is very useful to make massive changes in prestashop, it is called emagicone, you can use it for free some days

If you are interested in the standart plan, here is a discount code maya-AAEM-15-OFF

Juan Rojas, thanks for your offer but all the times you offered that discount code it does not work.

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-19 a las 17.46.53.png

Edited by Aldeag (see edit history)

hace 1 hora, Meffing dijo:

@Aldeag I haven't tried Combinations yet, but I guess I'll run into the say issue. I started with simple products. It's a shame, as the process is very straight forward and, as far as I understand, it should just work out of the box. @juanrojas Thanks for the offer, but I'm not looking for any paid solutions right now. First I need to get the shop up and running and start making some revenue before I can start spending. Maybe since you seem to be Prestashop experts, someone in the company can shed some light on this issue? Won't make you any money right now, but you never know, I might end up needing a store manager some day.  🙂

I think the same, I don´t understand why Prestashop does not have this important feature solved.

• 1 month later...
En 19/12/2020 a las 4:20 PM, Meffing dijo:

Update: Not sure why, but today I deleted all products and started testing from scratch and it seems to be working as expected. It is necessary to have Force ID enabled for the import and I haven't tried using Reference or doing Combinations yet, but I hope it will also work. 

The only "issue" I'm noticing is that I get a new image with every update. I assume it is expected as I'm feeding it an external URL, so not sure Prestashop will know that it is the same image. I'm going to try feeding it the same as the existing one, to see if Presta is smart enough to realize it is the same URL for the image and skips it.

When you force ID, what kind of ID do you use? Do you use the reference of your supplier? Then, what do you use as internal reference?