FATAL ERROR - Modules and Services

Hi, I was installing a module 'autoupgrade' zip file into modules and services tab. It was successful. However, when I was using prestashop, the modules and services tab was not working and I have no idea on how to fix this issue. I was shown a white page with this;

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/home/nutrimedc/public_html/presta/modules/autoupgrade/upgrade/install-4.9.0.php:
Call to private method Autoupgrade::registerHookAndSetToTop() from context ''

Any advice? I am new to coding and handling websites so any step-by-step instructions would be helpful! Thanks!

Edited by IANLIM (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I just encountered the same issue.  I was prepping a store to update from 1.6.x to the latest 1.7.x and figured I would update modules that needed updating first.  Everything was fine until I tried to update the Autoupgrade module.  I thought I was completely locked out of my back end, but after clearing sessions and cookies, I can log in again, but when I go to the Modules page, this error displays.  Going to the Modules calatolg page, the page loads, but has no content where it should be displaying available modules..  Any idea how to fix this? Is there a way to downgrade this module that is causing the fatal error?

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module install-4.9.0:
Call to private method Autoupgrade::registerHookAndSetToTop() from context ''