"Error processing payment" with ps_checkout

Hello guys, I created my online shop with Prestashop 1.7.6.9 and then installed Prestashop checkout v2.1.0 in order to manage the payments instead of checks or transfers.

I have linked my paypal business account to the module. So, I tried to make a small purchase (anonymous purchase) inserting my mastercard, verify by sms with my bank that I want to buy an item by internet, but then I get the following error:

"Error processing payment, you could have been charged. Please check your order history in your account to check the status of the order or please contact our customer service to know more." 

I've seen in the browser console a call to paypal/api/logger with the following error desc:

ext_error_code: "payments_sdk_error"

ext_error_desc: "Request to post https://www.paypal.com/xoplatform/logger/api/logger failed: [object ProgressEvent]."

I've googled the error but looks like I'm the first one facing this problem. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Many thanks.

Edited by musicologo (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, wilfred11 said:

You are not the only one, I have the exact same error coming up. There does not appear to be any info on this currently. This all followed at upgrade to the new PS version, it was working fine before. Very frustrating.

Well, i contacted the pscheckout support and they gave me a hint... Take a look to the php compatibility chart https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/installation/system-requirements/ and be sure that you have the recommended version installed. After i updated the version, the module started working great. I hope you find this information useful