Translating Gift-wrapping text in shopping cart

Hi everyone,

I just activated the gift wrapping option in Prestashop's back office for Christmas (I have an e-shop in French), and I realise the "I WOULD LIKE MY ORDER TO BE GIFT WRAPPED" text is in English-only, even if all the rest of the website is in French.

645930750_Capturedecran2020-11-06a22_52_54.thumb.png.da346e0cae5c5a14d280542cccb65b2c.png

I saw on the following topic where to find this text to be translated: 

It's in International > Translation > Theme Translation and there I'm supposed to find it inside Shop > Theme > Checkout.

However, there is no such text to be found.

Even using the search bar, it doesn't return any result matching the beginning of this text

812836308_Capturedecran2020-11-06a22_59_25.thumb.png.d46884835670416bd887edadf376f490.png

Can it be found somewhere else? Or is it trickier than I thought? For info, I'm on Prestashop 1.7.1.2.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by Laurent NODOVA (see edit history)

All right, found the solution after few days, thanks to the following French topic on the same matter back in 2017:

In case this can help others, here is a translation of the fix:

This is a bug from the template "shipping.tpl" (located in theme/templates/checkout/_partials/steps/) 

At the 46th line, the text is <label>{$gift.label}</label> (but this is wrong as it doesn't use the new translation system in the back-office from 1.7 and above).

You need to copy past the following line instead:

<span>{l s='I would like to receive my order in wrapping gift.' d='Shop.Theme.Checkout'}</span>

Then, go back to the back-office and you can find the text translatable.

Edited by Laurent NODOVA (see edit history)

• 1 year later...