Remove product details on product page

I tried to remove the product details as they are displayed twice by removing

<li class="nav-item"> <a class="nav-link{if !$product.description} active{/if}" data-toggle="tab" href="#product-details"> {l s='Product Details' d='Shop.Theme.Catalog'} </a> </li>

in the product.tpl and emptying cache + browser cache but it only works partially. In most products the text is gone but the white background box is still there.

Anyone have another option to remove it ? I use the default theme.

Thanks !

Naamloodds-1.jpg

Thanks Solsol, my apology I'm a beginner. Where do I have to put this line.tabs { display: none; }  ? Also do I need to bracket out the initial line I posted while adding the one you mentioned ?

Emptied cache in back office by pressing the clear cache button (force compilation is on and clear cache whenever something changes)

Also I clear browser cache with control + F5 every time.

Didn't even know my ftp has a cache too :) No idea how to clear it though, I use Filezilla.

Yes it worked, it's gone .. what a relief :)

Many thanks for your help Solsol, the module you posted and that magical bit of code worked perfectly.

Also thanks for learning me how to clear the ftp cache guys, will surely come in handy !

_/|\_

• 2 years later...
On 4/7/2023 at 9:24 AM, Pragati P said:

I want to only remove or hide one tab that is product description and want to display product item details how it can be possible?

For classic theme

.nav-link[aria-controls="description"] {
	display: none;
}

• Like 1