HTTP ERROR 500 - currently unable to handle this request

tanmalik786

Hi there,
I am using the latest version 1.7.6.8 of Prestashop.

I accidentally deleted my store BUT luckily I did have a very latest backup of my shop available with me - store was not live as yet either.

I have copied the source files to the same folder again, and have restored the database as well. The only difference between this and the previous install is the DB Username and DB User Password. I have adjusted it in the app->config->parameters.php file as well, have checked `ps_shop` table for the URLs etc. Now when I try to access the admin panel of my shop in debug mode, a notice 

Notice on line 101 in file /home/nikpaul/public_html/shop/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpFoundation/Session/Storage/Handler/StrictSessionHandler.php
[8] SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php72) failed: Permission denied (13)

is shown in the admin panel, BUT I am able to load the BO and FE of the shop. This notice is displayed on internal pages though 

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php72) failed: Permission denied (13)

When I try to access the BO or FE with debug mode disabled, I get this error 

This page isn’t working
nikpaul.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

and I can't access BO or FE at all, any suggestion to get it fixed?

Edited by Tanver (see edit history)

• 6 months later...

The error is too generic and does not tell you exact problem. What you need is to find out what is the real issue. If your site is serving a Internal Server Error, this can be caused by a number of things, such as:

• Errors in .htaccess files
  • Server permission
  • Server timeout
  • Script timeout
  • Or some other Web Server Issues

Normally, a permissions issue on the file (or files) would be one cause of the 500 Internal Server Error. The simple solution is to run chmod 644 on the problem file(s) or chmod 755 on the directories.

$ sudo chmod -R 777 /"your files location"

The best way to debug the error depends upon the server and what’s actually running at the time. Consider some debugging tips to help diagnose and fix common causes of this problem.

Hi @Tanver,

you could try this:

create a "tmp" folder in your public_html folder (or shop mains folder) on server, and then in your php.ini set the :

session.save_path = "/tmp" or set it to your full path of the recently created tmp folder.

Let me know if it works for you.

Kind regards, Leo