Job Offer: Update to PS1.462 to latest.

Twinkles

Hello,

We have an online store using 1.462 on a CentOS 6 server.  Centos is going end of life.

This is forcing us to move the account to a new server running Centos 7, which will include the latest PHP version as the current server is using an old deprecated version being used 7.6.3.  Not sure if this may cause an issue with the mysql version 5.6.43 - as this will need to be considered.

So we are looking for someone to quote for the upgrade, and ensure all modules currently being used continue to work.  We will have a test vps server before migrating to the new server.

Also possibly quote for updating the theme as a separate task.  They currently use the default theme tweaked via css (not my choice!) and would probably have this "modernized" to look more current,

Do you want to put a jet engine in a paper plane?
Versions of Prestashop are light years apart !!!
What you are asking for is nonsense.
Upgrading from Prestashop 1.4 to 1.7 is very challenging.
Module compatibility is not possible, template compatibility is not possible.
The price is higher than you think.
Estimated € / $ 400 without modules and templates !!!

What you need is a minimum price of € / $ 2,000.00

The minimum requirements are specified in the documentation. Find out if your hosting meets everything.

php-version.thumb.png.56ff3fe09226724046e65e9f790e5408.png

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Wow - insulting and patronising.  

You claim it’s nonsense then quote a price. How do you know what price I have in mind before stating it will be higher than I think. 

If you think an upgrade path from 1.4 to the latest release is too complex just move on. 

Intended that the modules for PrestaShop 1.4 will not be compatible with PrestaShop 1.7, the template in Prestashop 1.4 is a table and in PrestaShop 1.7 it is divided into dozens of tpl files.
Databases are also different.
Necessary clean installation of PrestaShop 1.7 database data conversion (SQL queries or manually) .....
You misunderstood my answer.

I am a developer of PrestaShop modules and I know what needs to be done to upgrade PrestaShop.

I repair at least two e-shops a month that cheap programmers have upgraded.

You made a request to the job section, you received an offer.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)