Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 50

GKL

Hi there!

I'm having a constant warning/error in PS 1.7 (debug mode on, currently on 1.7.6.7, but had the error since a few versions ago).

PHP Warning:  preg_match(): Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 50 in (...)/classes/PrestaShopAutoload.php on line 303

This appears in the error logs, and also randomly in the back office.
For example I have all sorts of errors and exceptions on module installation / activation, all ending with this: Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 50.

Currently I have a module that's installed correctly, but I can't activate it due to this error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Lorincz

20 minutes ago, joseantgv said:

The error only appears when you activate this module?

No, the module wasn't even installed when these errors appeared. They've been showing up for months, and the error logs are full of it.

Just updated from 1.7.6.7 to 1.7.6.8 and while the update was successful, here's the same error in the update log:

[CLEANING CACHE] File prod removed
[INTERNAL] /.../classes/PrestaShopAutoload.php line 303 - preg_match(): Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 50
Migrating old setting file...
parameters file already exists!
Finished...
Database upgrade OK
Warning detected during upgrade.
[INTERNAL] /.../classes/PrestaShopAutoload.php line 303 - preg_match(): Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 50
/.../admin893kfd8ma/autoupgrade/download/prestashop.zip removed
/.../admin893kfd8ma/autoupgrade/latest removed
End of process