PrestaShop 1.7 Import page not working

Hi everyone!

I’m new to PrestaShop, and am working on a localhost to test things using Prestashop 1.7.6.8. I have PrestaShop 1.6 running on a test server on the web, and it seems to be okay. 

My problem is that when I go to Configure > Advanced Parameters > Import the drop down lists and so on are empty. I cannot choose to import Products, because the triangles on the right of the field do nothing. Language has no options either. “Available Fields” is unpopulated.

I can choose a file, change the separators, and go to the Next step, but the fileds shown there are ID, Active, Name, Parent category, Root category, Description, Meta title, Meta keywords, Meta description, Rewritten URL, Image URL, and ID/Name of shop, if that means anything to anyone.

Those drop down lists do work, but most of the fields I need for products are missing.

If I try to import anyway, I get an error that simply says Errors occurred: error. If I check the logs, there are 219 entries that are “informative only” and are all about PrestaShop Generating things.

So far, I have tried two clean installs of PrestaShop, a clean install of MAMP and another clean install of PrestaShop, and a clean install of both MAMP and PrestaShop on an old Mac I happened to have sitting around. None of them changed anything.

The very first time I tried to Import a file day before yesterday, with PrestaShop 1.7.6.7, I was able to choose “Categories” from the drop down list, They imported successfully. But when I tried to import Products, this problem was there, and it has been ever since, no matter what I’ve done.

I’m on a MacBook Pro (16 inch, 2019) with a 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 processor, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 memory, and an AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB Graphics card, using MAMP 5.7.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks so much!