Red header appears when changing to child theme?

NixxxoN

All I did was follow PS instructions; download theme, and upload the zip again as child theme. Then I swich to child, and this red top appears. When I go back to main parent theme the red disappears.

What the heck is that? a "background: red !important;" in the header id="header" appeared out of nowhere, but why?
I have not touched anything at all from the theme.

Version: 1.7.6.4

It's a very minor issue and I can fix it by modifying CSS, it but I just wonder if its a known bug or what? Anybody knows? Thanks

red.png

Edited by NixxxoN (see edit history)

• 7 months later...
14 hours ago, EliChan said:

Hello, I'm having the same issue, how did you fix it?

Thank you

First reply on this thread. Strangely there's a line code in custom.css that created the red header

14 hours ago, endriu107 said:

Watch this and do step by step: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOPUW1xREuM&t=204s this video is not in english.

I solved it long ago thanks

Thank you. I tried at least five times to simply delete that part of the css, but the red header always showed up, so I thought it wasn't the only issue.

Knowing it acutually is what I needed to do, I looked more into it and re-did all my changes from scratch (downloading the child theme anew and doing it all over again).

I didn't repackage the whole theme (right now I don't have FTP access to the server, so I have to rely on the backoffice only), I only updated the css file in the zip one and re-uploaded it, but something must have been "lost in translation", since now I did re-package the whole thing and uploaded it and it finally works.

Thank you :)