Prestashop 1.7.6.7 - Variables not replaced in sent emails

Hello all,

I'm having a very weird issue. All of a sudden, variables between {...} are no longer replaced in emails sent by Prestashop (using PHP Send).

For example, this is a bankwire email that got sent this morning without any info or even the logo image, while everything was working perfectly fine the day before and nobody touched anything in the backend.

2020-09-24_130329.jpg

I checked all the templates in /mails/<lang>/xxx.html and they look fine, no encoding issues, and all necessary fields are completed in the configuration (eg. the bankwire_XXX in this case).

Does anybody has a clue over what's going on here? I've been looking in this issue for the last two hours, without any success, and it's driving me nuts.

Thanks a million in advance !

Edited by Berkey Benelux (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar issue.

Order confirmation is sent, no problem. Then right after that, 'Payment Received' email is sent but without the variables filled out.

I'd like to fix that somehow, or at the least, cancel the 'Payment Received' email from going out.

If you have a theme installed like mine. The 2 ways I edit

1. ftp > public > theme > mails

2. backend> translations > emails > theme > language

I spent spent hours trying to update ftp> public html> mails as this was overridden by the theme mails.

Good luck!