Admin Front Controller in Module - 1.7

Hi everyone !

I'm currently developing my own module but i'm facing some difficulties.

I managed to create my module and it's configuration page where i can perform the actions i want (some simple sql requests to sort orders' customizations).
But i'd like to have an actual "module page" instead of a config page (the guys who handle the orders don't need  to access all modules config...) and that's were i'm stuck.
I managed to create a link tab on the side menu along with the controller it targets but i can't display anything. 
I tried displaying a form with a single submit button that request what i want  (i just need to read data) without success.
I have trouble finding some good documentation about that and at this point i'm not quite sure what to search.

Do you guys have some kind of tutorials or guide ? Or even better some code example of a basic controller (again, i just want a button)

Also, do I must create a template for this to work ? I basically tried to copy how i displayed a form in the config page (with  HelperForm()) but it did not work, maybe it just doesn't work that way ?

Thanks you !

Hello ! 

Thanks for your answer, but i'm looking for admin controller in order to have a proper module page (instead of just the config page) in my back office, not the front office
I read the prestashop doc on admin controllers but since I just need a button, i wanted to know if there was a way to display thing the same way as the config module page (I.E : with the HelperForm class) instead of using Symfony with routes.yml  and templates.