Stock Management issue with Pack Products

JonSKC

HI, I've been testing stock management in 1.7 prior to migrating from 1.6.

It seems there is an issue with pack products - the sale of a pack product results in the expected changes of quantities to the pack product, but not to the constituent standard products. This is despite having set the pack product to decrement both the pack product and the constituent products in the "quantities" tab.

Eg.

- Create standard products A & B, both with qty 10. Create pack product C with qty 10 that includes both products A & B. In the quantities tab on product C set "pack quantities" to decrement both.

- Create an order for 1 x product C. At this point (before the order goes to shipped or delivered status) all three products should be showing physical stock of 10, reserved stock of 1 and available stock of 9. However what actually shows for products A & B is physical stock 9, reserved 0 and available 9. Product C (the pack product) is treated correctly.

- Move the order to shipped status. At this point all the products have physical stock 9, reserved 0 and available 9 which is correct . However if you now check stock movewments only the pack product (product C) shows up as having a stock movement.

As far as I can see the constituent products have the sold qty removed from physical stock immediately an order is placed, and never show up in stock movements. The available quantities ultimately end up correct but any visibility of or ability to report against  the stock movement is lost.

Don't know if it's related to this but I'm facing another issue with Packs and stock

Scenario

Pack product made by 3 products A,B,C all with qty >0 - Quantity decrement set to : only products in pack

if we set pack product qty to 10 (it should be indifferent due to above setting) we see that in product page the availability status is correctly available (that's because all products in pack are available) but we also see the available later message, that should show up only if the product is not available but backorder is permitted (that we have in this case)

Anyone with same issue?

thanks

• 1 year later...
On 7/14/2020 at 6:07 AM, JonSKC said:

- Move the order to shipped status. At this point all the products have physical stock 9, reserved 0 and available 9 which is correct . However if you now check stock movewments only the pack product (product C) shows up as having a stock movement.

I have the same. In addition, if I cancel the order, the stock remain at 9. 

• 1 year later...

Just in case is useful for anyone, I have submitted a pull request to Prestashop that fixes issues with stock management for packs.

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/pull/34863

Very well tested but only on 1.7.8.x and with configuration set to DECREMENT BOTH (but I think it should work for any configurations).

Prestashop code is not that it had some bugs is that it was not managing at all products sold in packs in the functions in charge of updating Reserved quantities and Physical quantities....