Update 1.7.6.6 problem backoffice

Afther updating to prestashop 1.7.6.6 through 1-click upgrade I get an error in the resume (database error), but because of the long time it took to update I accidentally clicked on refress. So I haven't seen the message correctly. After that I want to acces the backoffice, but I type in the username and password an than I get only the backoffice page without the parts where you type in the username and pasword.

Do somebody know what went wrong. Because of the small update (from a 1.7 version to a 1.7 version) I thougt a backup wasn't nessasary....:(. 

Thanks for the help.

Kind Regards,

Patrick

Same problem here. After the update, there is no possibility to log in to the back office anymore. Empty cache (both in ftp and on laptop) does not work, different place, different password, different employee. Nothing.

The site is back online (fixed in the database), so sales can continue. The frontend does not appear to be damaged.

Who has the solution to get back in the back office?

Kind regards,

Sabine (joyenco.nl)

Sorry, found nothing so far.

I am looking, googling, trying every possibility for the last 2 days. Still nothing.

Even called helpdesk PrestaShop, but they said this is not their problem (which i doubt).

Anybody anything yet??

Hey, I have just been looking in the database logs and when I attempt to log in it logs 'successfully logged in' ... But the admin takes me back to the login page without any access.. Is it a login re-direct issue maybe?

Database alogin_attempts

Edited by kstyles (see edit history)

😂 That is more than i got. They just told me it was not their problem and hang up the phone....

In the mean time their is an issue on the front end as well. The system does not accept any guest-e-mail-adresses.

I do not think it is an password-issue. Because when i type an incorrect password the loginpage comes back with a message 'that the password is wrong'. It is also possible to reset the password. But as i login, the login just returns as totally a new page for login.

Does anyone know where in the ftp or database are the files where you can login to the BackOffice? Maybe the redirect is broken?

I agree JoyenCo it is definitely an issue with the update.. I am going to have a look later and compare databases to a site I have not updated yet and see if I can spot any differences which may cause the issue... I'm no expert so I may be here a while...

Dear all,

We have the same issue - no chance to log in since release 1.7.6.7 (our hoster skipped 1.7.6.6). Tested a lot of the old BO / admin page solutions provided on the web but nothing worked. No clue. I contacted my hoster to see if they have found a resolution as we got automatically upgraded by them but also to inform them to stop the automated upgrade (as we would like to make a fallback).

.htaccess was changes but I don't know... deleting cash did not help, deleting cookie did not help and so on. I even did check some of the coding part but did not see what was wrong. I just found out whilst checking ps_employee that I never was logged in even I entered all the credentials and clicked login. Checked with several browsers, computers.

Cheers,

Edited by Kunsthelden (see edit history)

Same issue with 1.7.6.7 front office.

Customers cannot log into their account using any social login. I tried a few including oneall, and ETS none of them worked as they claimed.

They could however log in after they manually log in using existing prestashop customer account. Only then Prestashop session or cookie seemed to remember that their account exist and allow the social login add on to work. But that really defeat the whole purpose of having social plugin? What's the point of having to log in twice?

There is no work around. Prestashop dev or the social plugin providers should really ensure these software can talk to each other.

Steps to replicate: www.allgoodjourney.com.au

Got 2 plugins activated. None works.

Dear all,

Thanks JoyenCo!

Well, we did a fallback to 1.7.6.5. This works as it should. No issue, immediate login. Two days lost because of nothing.

Anyway, we informed our hoster to stop the delivery of this update as we used a package automated updates of critical PS releases. Therefore, we assume that all other automatically updated users on our hoster are affected and out of the admin system right now. I'm quite sure that not all users know how to fix the db update / issue and should probably better go with fallback.

As we assume that Prestashop did not conduct a proper regression testing before implementing version 1.7.6.7., we decided to wait for a new update by Prestashop. They shall fix this.

Thanks JoyenCo.

Cheers,

Edited by Kunsthelden (see edit history)

44 minutes ago, Kunsthelden said:

Dear all,

Thanks JoyenCo!

Well, we did a fallback to 1.7.6.5. This works as it should. No issue, intimidate login. Two days lost because of nothing.

Anyway, we informed our hoster to stop the delivery of this update as we used a package automated updates of critical PS releases. Therefore, we assume that all other automatically updated users on our hoster are affected and out of the admin system right now. I'm quite sure that not all users know how to fix the db update / issue and should probably better go with fallback.

As we assume that Prestashop did not conduct a proper regression testing before implementing version 1.7.6.7., we decided to wait for a new update by Prestashop. They shall fix this.

Thanks JoyenCo.

Cheers,

We ended up doing exactly the same on our server. All future updates will be done after creating a restore point with Prestashop (which we should do really anyway). But I have never experienced a CMS provider denying any issue and wanting to charge for fixing any issues their own update has caused... Such a shame they take this stance on such a great system.

8 hours ago, JoyenCo said:

Hi,

On the Dutch forum someone found the solution (tx to Hanswolf!):

In the database there are missing SQL-tables: ps_customer_session and ps_employee_session

Based on this I was able to finally got it working by deleting all records from ps_customer_session.

It turned out that older app was populating rubish that are no longer relevant to my Social Login app.

Social Login add on works fine now! 🙂

Edited by Dipto (see edit history)