Search bar stopped working after updating from 1.6 to 1.7.6.5

Dear Presta people please help this is so frustrating.

I'm a Prestashop novice but I've always been able to solve problems when they arrive by searching for answers online. However this time I have to ask directly for help as none of the proposed solutions I found online seem to work.

I updated Prestashop from 1.6 to 1.7.6.5

A lot of work needed to be done after that but I noticed the Search Module wasn't working too

This is what I've done so far to no avail:
Disabled the old 1.6 Quick Search Module
Reset the new Search Bar Module
Cleared Cache
Re-build the entire index. Shows 2795 / 2795. Products are visible in front page and categories but nothing when using search.
Tried using latest PHP and older versions but still didn't work.

Search worked perfectly before I updated (at least the last time I tried in 1.6)
I know I can't be the only one who has experienced this problem. If anyone has a solution please help me.

searchbarproblem.png

I tried yet another thing. Uninstalled Search Bar v.2.0.1 and installed it again still no result :(

Could the update to 1.7 change the way the products are set up and that's why they can't be found with the Search Bar module?

I'm at a loss here. I'm baffled no one has a solution for this yet. You'd think a Search Bar would be pretty easy to use since it's so universal yet I feel like I've tried everything to no use.

Would really appreciate some help.