Generate shipping weights on the fly for cost

I sell custom made signs and products, made from MDF. I am wanting to know if there is a way to generate and calculate the shipping cost on the fly so to speak.

eg..Client selects a Joined letter name, they enter the name into the custom text box they want, then select the width they want the joined name to be, based on width height and MDF thickness I have written a jquery script that can calculate the shipping weight of the product including the 3mm MDF backing board used to ship it, how can I implement this so I can add the cost of shipping to the cart based on the size and the calculated weight.

size.thumb.jpg.ddb4cd339c89db049a335165503cf8df.jpg

My ‘Ship in 3D’ shipping module reads product dimensions (and weight) from PrestaShop's product data and then uses a 3D packing algorithm to calculated which types of packages (carton boxes or other shipping containers) are needed to ship the order. The algorithm first tries to fit all products into one package, but if all products don't fit into one package then products are packed into multiple packages. An unlimited number of package types including their internal dimensions can be configured. Each package type can have its fixed shipping charge. Other additional charges can be set too.

Assuming that all your differently sized signs have their dimension set in PrestaShop product data you could configure a selection of differenly sized packages (width, height and depth) and then charge shipping based on the types (ie. volume) and number of the package that are needed to hold the products of an order.

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/shipping-carriers/48685-ship-in-3d.html