Klarna payment methods not appearing

roboy

Hello,

I'm writing here because the Klarna payment methods refuse to appear in checkout although the module is active and configured.

I have the latest version of the Klarna Payments Official module (v2.0.8) running in my PS 1.7.6.2 webshop. Furthermore I have created a Klarna playground account, generated API credentials and configured the module with those credentials (please find attached screenshot of the configuration below). Generally I have followed the instructions provided by the developer exactly to the point, as written in the user guide.

So far I have tried clearing cache and cookies, I have tried different web browsers on different devices and two different ISPs but no luck so far. I have also tried to generate new API credentials replacing the old, but neither that has had any effect. Furthermore I have deactivated all other third party modules, including the modules bundled with the theme, but neither that has had any effect.

If you would like to try the checkout process here is a link to my sandbox webshop: https://sandbox2.eluxson.se/ (it doesn't look very attractive since all third party modules are deactivated but it's at least functional). You are free to make test orders as much as you like.

Unfortunately the developer does not provide any support for this module and the Klarna technicians are having trouble solving the issue so now I turn to the amazing Prestashop community, hoping that someone will be able to help me solve the issue or at least provide me with some clue as to what might be wrong here.

I would be very grateful for any help.

Best regards,

Robin N.

klarna-payments-settings.png

No Klarna on checkout.png

Edited by roboy
To add tags and additional screenshot (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I got the following answer from Klarnas tech support:

Our engineers have now taken a closer look at your case and announced that when they tried to make purchases in Incognito mode via Google Chrome, they received the "Get first, pay later" payment method each time.
They then tested in regular Google Chrome and the logs then show "error: 400 Bad value: order_tax_amount" for correlation_id: ad1918c9-aa33-4738-b96f-35efe66f29a8. We responded with this when you sent total_tax_amount: 77980 and order_tax_amount: 78000.
So it seems that the payment method is not displayed when you receive an error message in response from us in your create_session call, so you need to review how you calculate and send VAT to us to be sure that everything is correct and that the payment methods will come to show up at checkout.

So, it seems that the issue arises from a difference in how tax is calculated between the total_tax_amount and order_tax_amount variables.

I have been looking for a corresponding setting to adjust among the shop parameters, but i find nothing that seems to correspond to the above mentioned issue.

Any help that could lead to resolving this issue would be much appreciated.

On 6/14/2020 at 6:19 PM, ShaunJUK said:

I have been having a problem where Klarna checkout isn't appearing for only some customers. I am going to have a read through your posts and see if it could be linked in any way.

Thanks for looking into this issue. Did you get any wiser? Please note that Klarna Payments (that this thread is about) is not the same as Klarna Checkout, but perhaps you are already aware of that?

you can try configure the product’s price decimals :

1.Please, log into your PrestaShop admin panel

2.Navigate to Preferences -> General section.

3.Here you can set the preferable Round mode.

4. you can try change Round type too

check the video you can see where to change this 

Solve the problem ? 

Edited by luisleitaoaudio (see edit history)

12 hours ago, roboy said:

Thanks for looking into this issue. Did you get any wiser? Please note that Klarna Payments (that this thread is about) is not the same as Klarna Checkout, but perhaps you are already aware of that?

Hi. I do seem to have got somewhere but haven't looked any further into it yet.

My issue is also with Klarna Payments Official

I have found that the Klarna payment option isn't showing when my customers are in another customer group. If they are just in the Customer group it works fine.

I have found the option to select which groups can use it however this doesn't seem to make a difference.

Shaun

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

how did you solve the problems with klarna?

I have the same issue. I use PS 1.7.6.7 with php 7.3.21 and install the Module: 

Klarna Payments Official

v2.1.0 - by Prestaworks AB  (v2.1.1. also not works)

I try to switch everything "on" what is possible, but the payment option is not visible in my cart.

paypal (Sandbox) is working fine without problems!

Any idea what is wrong? 

Please check the screenshots attached

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-18 um 12.18.14.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-18 um 12.17.49.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-18 um 12.17.35.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-18 um 12.17.16.png

Hi guys,

how did you solve the problems with klarna?

I have the same issue. I use PS 1.7.6.7 with php 7.3.21 and install the Module: 

Klarna Payments Official

v2.1.0 - by Prestaworks AB  (v2.1.1. also not works)

I try to switch everything "on" what is possible, but the payment option is not visible in my cart.

paypal (Sandbox) is working fine without problems!

Any idea what is wrong? 

Please check the screenshots attached

Finally I gave up on Klarna and went with one of their competitors in Sweden, SveaWebPay. Anyway, for the Klarna Payments module to work the number of decimals displayed has to be set to "2" (Admin > Shop Parameters > General > Number of decimals). Still Klarna doesn't appear as a selectable payment method until a customer has filled in personal and address data, which is a problem for me since I have a one page checkout solution where payment methods are presented from the beginning of checkout. If you have a step-by-step checkout solution that might be a non-issue since customers can't see the payment options until they have provided you with personal and address information. Hope this answer was of help for you.

14 hours ago, roboy said:

Finally I gave up on Klarna and went with one of their competitors in Sweden, SveaWebPay. Anyway, for the Klarna Payments module to work the number of decimals displayed has to be set to "2" (Admin > Shop Parameters > General > Number of decimals). Still Klarna doesn't appear as a selectable payment method until a customer has filled in personal and address data, which is a problem for me since I have a one page checkout solution where payment methods are presented from the beginning of checkout. If you have a step-by-step checkout solution that might be a non-issue since customers can't see the payment options until they have provided you with personal and address information. Hope this answer was of help for you.

That would be because Klarna requires the information to make a decision on lending to the customer.

That would be because Klarna requires the information to make a decision on lending to the customer.

Yes, I suppose so to. Still the payment method could be optionally visible for merchants with a one page checkout solution. In older versions it used to be visible and I never noticed any issues with that.

• 3 years later...