Updating Order status from Webservice API won't trigger the same result as changing it from back-office.

Hello,

I have a question, I want to know is there a difference between changing an order status using an api key or manually going to the backoffice and changing it ?

I'm not exactly sure where is the problem, if it's the module I am using or a prestashop limitation or setting I need to change.

To explain it briefly,

I made a program that will process customer orders, check with the bank and everything, after it finish all the validations and confirmation, It will change the Order Status to "Payment Accepted".

Ideally, This should trigger the module (Key Manager) to send the digital product to the customer.

But while it works perfectly when I change and order status to "Payment accepted" from Back-office.

it does not work when I do the same thing from API.

Any idea what's the problem ?

The api successfully change my Order status without any problem, but for Key Manager to work, I need to do it in backoffice manually.

On a side note, the api I wrote is not in php but in C#,

Unfortunately I have a very basic knowledge of the php language, so any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 8 months later...
On 2/16/2021 at 12:36 AM, joseantgv said:

Did you find a solution?

I did not find the solution, but the site admin asked a php prestashop programmer that he knew and apparently he fixed it very quickly.

Sadly my friend don't understand programming himself and I didn't directly talk with the programmer, So I never figured out what was the problem.

I suspect there was a problem inside the Key Manager Module itself as I later realize changing anything using API will automatically update every standard/base prestashop properties or trigger their events but sometimes have problem with 3rd party modules.

• Like 1