[SOLVED] Integration with Sendgrid smtp

DragoshDX

Hello. 

Has anyone tried sending via Sendgrid with Prestashop? 

While I am able to perform sending email through Sendgrid from my local telnet client, with the very same settings and a domain authorized at Sendgrid, Prestashop still says: 

Expected response code 250 but got code "", with message ""

When I try to send the test email from the emailing page. 

Has anyone managed to use sendgrid with Prestashop, and if so, how?

Thank you, 
Dragos.

Edited by DragoshDX (see edit history)

Hello.

If you have a video I can look at I can understand a bit of spanish, it could help me. 

SSL you say? I always tried TLS... 

https://sendgrid.com/docs/API_Reference/SMTP_API/getting_started_smtp.html

Based on this article, I converted my key to base64, and I was in fact able to send a telnet email from my local machine... ,so the service is in fact working. It's just not working from Prestashop, I will also try SSL. 

I have autenticated my domain in sendgrid with my hoster and it shows the domain as authenticated, yet still no luck. Sendgrid has not answered any support ticket for more than a week.
I was also curious if anyone has gotten Prestashop to work with Sendgrid or if it just doesn't work. 

What do you mean changes in the prestashop panel? More than in the Advanced Parametesr > E-mail section?

Thank you for your reply.

I have more than 10 websites associated with emails with sendgrid of which I configure them all myself and I can assure you that it works perfectly with prestashop.
the configuration is long but I will try to make a video in Spanish to help you with this topic.
I just searched the net and there is nothing about this and I see that it is important and even on the official sengrid page it does not tell you anything for prestashop. only for other cms.
if you confirm that you can understand Spanish.
I will upload the video here and to my channel. PRESTADEMIA
https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=prestademia

Edited by luishuaymana (see edit history)

You are very correct that there is no documentation online for this... 

Eventually Sendgrid did answer.

Turns out that first you need to authenticate the domain you're sending from. Sengdrid generates three keys that can be used to be added in the DNS record on your domain (hoster can help with that, or it can be done in cpanel). 

Once that is done, go to email in Prestashop and change to SMTP, in the form that appears after saving you can add the emailing subdomain that sendgrid gives you. Then smtp.sendgrid.com, then you add the username which is always apikey for these things, then you add your api key (no base64 like the telnet article says). 

I chose TLS and port 587. It then works. 

One thing to note is that the test email only works if the API key is there, because it's some highschool level JavaScript, prestashop style... grabbing all the data from that form and trying to send a test email. But it does work... 

If you do create a video with this info, it's probably more valuable in english, cause it took me a week to get it up and running :)). 

Thanks, 
Dragos.

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 5/19/2020 at 2:41 PM, DragoshDX said:

Hello. 

Has anyone tried sending via Sendgrid with Prestashop? 

While I am able to perform sending email through Sendgrid from my local telnet client, with the very same settings and a domain authorized at Sendgrid, Prestashop still says: 

Expected response code 250 but got code "", with message ""

When I try to send the test email from the emailing page. 

Has anyone managed to use sendgrid with Prestashop, and if so, how?

Thank you, 
Dragos.

After a day of proper functioning I have the same error. Do you solved?

error.png