Custom Module doesn't update

xSmog3s

Hi, 

I'm a new prestashop user, I trying to learn how to create an ecommerce website and currently I'm working on my first custom module. It's a simple "hello world" that has to be displayed in my homepage. I used MAMP and every time I start working on my project I use the command  npm run watch in the _dev folder so the css/html/etc. gets updated or uploaded. 

I created a folder inside modules called mymodule. Inside the folder mymodule I created a file mymodule.php. 

<?php
if (!defined('_PS_VERSION_')) {
    exit;
}
class MyModule extends Module
{
    public function __construct()
    {
        $this->name = 'mymodule';
        $this->tab = 'front_office_features';
        $this->version = '1.0.0';
        $this->author = 'Firstname Lastname';
        $this->need_instance = 0;
        $this->ps_versions_compliancy = [
            'min' => '1.6',
            'max' => _PS_VERSION_
        ];
        $this->bootstrap = true;

parent::__construct();

$this->displayName = $this->l('My module');
        $this->description = $this->l('Description of my module.');
    }
    public function install()
    {
        if(
            !parent::install() OR
            $this->registerHook('displayHome')
            )
            return FALSE;
        return TRUE;
    }
    public function hookDisplayHome($params)
    {
        return 'Hello World';
    }
}
?>

When I go look in Module -> Module Manager I can't find mymodule so I have to go in Module Manager -> Upload Module and in this way the I can install it. The problem is that whenever I make a change in my php file and for example instead of returning "Hello World" I return "Hello Forum"  the change is not displayed in my website. 

I cleared the cache in my browser but still the message remains "Hello World". I think the problem is because I'm not compiling the modules folder like I do with my _dev folder (npm run watch). Do you know if there is a script that automatically checks for updates in my modules folder and compile them. Thanks

I found a solution:

I'm using a child theme of the prestashop basic theme. I thought that my custom module had to go in the child theme module's folder and that's the reason why they were not showing up in the module catalog. I had to move them into the parent theme modules folder and now they show up in the catalog and can edit the code.