Default category unsaved on csv product import ?

vellstore

Hello,

I recently purchased a module to export products to a market place, I actually paid for a customization to export those products with a flat file, since I have to export products in bulk,  and it was not useful to do it one by one, so the developer did the job, but the module needs to map the categories with the categories on the market place, and it is getting an issue when I do that. I mapped the categories and everything seems to be ok but, When I edit the category on the product using a csv file, the developer says this:  

"Default catwgories are not saved correctlyin ps .i have checked for multiple categories and have even some technical proofs for that".

When I check the product it is on the right category and even in the front office I see it, but it seems the module needs that default category set, and this is the first solution the developer gave me: 

"If not found any product. Then follow this step
1-Go to product form . Click on save product button .check if it does not show any error .
2 go back to profile where this category is mapped. Edit the profile and click on save.

After these two steps product will start appearing in module list"

But as you should understand I use the CSV file because the main reason I need this module is to sync the old products and create the products in bulk, not ONE BY ONE !!!

Is there any solution of that default category? Is that a bug on PS? The version I am using is 1.6.1.24.

And do you think the developer should fix this or I have to ask for a refund? I am worried because I shouldn´t do this process manually, and I don´t want to loose my money.