re Captcha module flaw I need help resolving

nixer97

I purchased this re Captcha addon to stop both spam contacts and spam account creation but there is a fatal flaw that I need help resolving. My support has run out and they have no option of purchasing extra support and won't answer me.

re Captcha - Anti Spam - recaptcha - anti fake accounts Module 
https://addons.prestashop.com/en/website-security-access/18478-re-captcha-anti-spam-recaptcha-anti-fake-accounts.html

My issue is I can not use this addon with Account Creation to stop the fake spam accounts so have to disable that feature. It works fine for the contact form.

On the front end there are two places to create an account
1) Sign In > Create an Account (enter an email and it takes you to the personal information page)
2) Step 2 of the checkout process with the 3 options to Create An Account, Already Registered Sign in and Guest Checkout.

Step 2 of the checkout process is where this module has the flaw because the captcha checkbox loads at the very bottom of the page underneath Guest Checkout. First Guest Checkout does not need a Captcha enabled.

Second the Create an Account at top of page only requires entering an email address which also does not need a Captcha. The Captcha is only required on the actual account personal information page. So during checkout if a customer decides to enter an email address and clicks Create an Account they will receive an invalid Captcha error message because they have no idea there is a Captcha checkbox at the bottom of the page below Guest Checkout. I need help figuring out how to disable the Captcha from showing up in Step 2 of the checkout process. I've tried commenting out the hook in the Authentication.tpl file but that only prevents the Captcha from loading and the invalid error still persists.

I'd rather not purchase a different addon as I'm sure they have the same flaw.

Any ideas?

Btw, I'm using ps v1.6.1.23 and have not upgraded to 24 with the supposed spam accounts fix because 1 click upgrade does not work on my shop and I can't find info on what files I can change manually. I also don't like the fix preventing periods from being used.

• 3 years later...