Module issues after upgrade - "you do not have permission to add this"

Hi everyone

Hoping someone can help me with this one, it's driving me mad.

Upgraded this shop to PS 1.7.1.2 the other day and everything is working fine apart from the modules page which looks like it's having some permissions issues. When you click to upload a module or connect to the Addons marketplace I get this message:

1219053913_Screenshot2020-03-02at16_19_23.thumb.png.f0245db3748f06b110fc87daea331c7e.png

And furthermore there's no buttons in the modules list - it's telling me I've got 42 to upgrade but no Upgrade button and no configure button on modules that are already updated:1058320436_Screenshot2020-03-02at16_21_09.thumb.png.8cf2ccef97377348586c472e9d0ee903.png

There's no errors appearing when in debug mode, all non-PS modules are off, no overrides, no cache, etc. Every other part of the admin is working properly.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!!

Edited by pp2020 (see edit history)

Hey, thanks for getting back to me,

I can get to the login form on that page but after clicking log in the POST method to /psadmin/index.php/module/catalog/recommended is coming back with a 405 Method Not Allowed error. Don't suppose this is one you've run into before?

No luck with that one unfortunately but I've noticed taking the site out of debug mode turns that error from a 405 to a 500 Internal Server Error in the console.

Everything on screen stays the same, the loader just keeps spinning but that error gets logged.

allow_url_fopen is turned on, curl is installed etc...keep coming up to dead ends!