After creating new item: Prestashop 1.7.6 fails with error 500

Hatka

We have been trying to solve for 3 weeks now why our Prestashop 1.7.6 is not working. There are over 1800 items (including colors and sizes, clothing)  and we can not create more because of the error 500. We have tried to search where does it come from. We have layout Extreme from AN Theme, then we have posting module from Aivomatic and Export/Import module. Presta uses too much memory and it fails while creating new item: if we close the view after creating we do not get back anymore because of the error 500. The item does not open anymore. Server memory is over 700 Mt (I looked at the PHP ), it should work. But it is trying to use more memory and fails.

We did check this too: https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/scale/optimizations/

These did not help: 

and 

There also is not help available from the server provider, they are not interested. Only thing they say is "Something is trying to take too much memory". Does somebody already know what is this all about? We also did make a site for SiteGround.com, but at the moment I´m too tired to begin from the start because I have already made the over 1800 items in there...  

CPU is at the moment 0/100
We have do space: 978,53 MB / 4,88 GB
Physical memory 146,71 MB / 768 MB
IOPS 57 / 1 536 
Traffic at the moment 2,47 GB / 78,13 GB

Can someone help? PLEASE? (I´m also thinking about Woocommerce for the solution.)

BR, Kati from Hatka

Edited by Hatka (see edit history)

Any other solutions? our server provider does not offer VPS services.

Edit: I have deleted the export/update module. It does not effect into this, still broken. After I tried to change theme "extreme Version 2.0.3" (https://addons.prestashop.com/en/sports-activities-travel-themes/32010-extreme.html) into Presta basic theme I get the error 500 again. Could this be a layout thing? Now I need to recover from backup.

Updating situation at the moment:

I klicked in the server providers PHP configuration "set as default" two times and then I refreshed the cache in Prestashop. I also raised the post_max_size and the upload_max_filesize because I am desperate. After this I was able to do a regular length trousers with 9 colors and sizes S, M, L, XL, XXL, but I could not do the trouser in lenght "long". After trying I get again the error 500 and the item did not open: empty page. 

So I made same item, but separate lengths: 1st item as "regular" and the 2nd as "long". I could do separate items for the same trouser, but I can not anymore do them in the same item as i did before. I have 75 items in the shop at the moment: trousers, hats, caps, jackets, fleeces, gloves etc. I don´t think that is so many items that PrestaShop should choke? In total there are now over 1900 items (including sizes and colors). That is not much. Categories I have 24. That is not much. 

According to this: https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/installation/system-requirements/ > there should be no problem with our server provider. Is this just a salespeech or is it true?

I don´t believe that the reason is in layout Extreme, wich is perfect, I think PrestaShop does something, but what? There has been same kind of problems over the years (when googling) and it seems that it has not been fixed? = nobody cares. 

As an entrepreneur this makes me feel that I can not trust into PrestShop and its performance. At firs I was very taken about PrestaShop, but now this is just a big disappointment. 

- Kati

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Okay, now I can tell what went wrong.

Well at first our hostingserver is missing knowledge and skills in this subject. There is also too many customer servant answering, too many... So the stress become from all the learning in this (newbie). I was not really ready to change to another shop like Woocommerce (I do not like Wordpress, Joomla is okay). I really love PrestaShop.

I also noticed that there is not so much information about this in finnish, so I started to make videos. My open blog where I ask and search  Presta skilled people in Finland is here: https://prestashop-suomi.blogspot.com/ and the videolink is in there too, on the right corner: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgNZ_Q4z5oTRhSl4RcF4vhJvFen1Dbz81 . I hope somebody gets the help from these. 

1. I do not need (yet) the virtual server. We moved our site to Sitegroung and the package is "Grow Big" with memcaching.
2. I was not able to make an big combination product (total 349 items in it) at first, but Siteground has automatic assistant (?). I got an noteline with the knowledge what I should do to the php,ini file. After that: no problem. ... With the old hostingprovider: PrestaShop choked around 70 products in it, total items and combinations were over 1800 pieces (about 25 catergories in it)... Siteground.com was the answer. 
3. Siteground also have good instruction sites.
4. They also have the virtual services if I need one, so it´s easy for me to change...

I also want to tell that I got help from Anvanto Team, wich awesome layout "Extreme" I´m using. From there I got really friendly, calm and nice answers and help :) I noticed that after 3 months support there is not possible to give the 5 star rating, wich is sad. I really wanted to do that. 

I hope this post helps other in trouble. If you are a beginner: find hostingservice who really can help you (= know-how). It is not necessarily Siteground, because you need to do lot of reading and you also need some basic skills and knowledge about open source, basics and stuff like that.

BR,

Kati, Hatka

I consider that PrestaShop should advise much more on the type of hosting ... in the systems I have used, I consider that PrestaShop is one of the best, it is OpenSource and we have to find for ourselves that it is hosted on a properly configured Server ... the world of hosting everyone wants to sell and they will offer you thousands of applications at low cost and this is where the problems are. There is nothing focused only on PrestaShop ... so it's up to ourselves to make our own server with the correct configuration ...

On 3/13/2020 at 10:00 PM, Gerardo Martinez G said:

I consider that PrestaShop should advise much more on the type of hosting ... in the systems I have used, I consider that PrestaShop is one of the best, it is OpenSource and we have to find for ourselves that it is hosted on a properly configured Server ... the world of hosting everyone wants to sell and they will offer you thousands of applications at low cost and this is where the problems are. There is nothing focused only on PrestaShop ... so it's up to ourselves to make our own server with the correct configuration ...

This is true.

I asked about PrestaShop hosting from few hostingserver providers in here (Finland). The answers were... Well, I just had to wrote back "thank you, but no thank you". In this point we need skilled hostingprovider. My point of view at the moment is that in here Finland, there is lack of those. I can not be anyones "quinea-pig for testing" anymore, because it is affecting my business too much and outcome is that it´s my problem and my responsibility, not the providers (server-hosting) problem. 

One of them told that PrestaShop is huge "power eater" and the price for hosting service was ridiculous :) We have Magento 2 now, I absolutely hate it. If something is "power eater" Magento is... 

I really hope that PrestaShop spreads here too. But in this way it will take a long, looong time...

BR, Kati

On 2/18/2020 at 8:52 PM, Hatka said:

We have been trying to solve for 3 weeks now why our Prestashop 1.7.6 is not working. There are over 1800 items (including colors and sizes, clothing)  and we can not create more because of the error 500. We have tried to search where does it come from. We have layout Extreme from AN Theme, then we have posting module from Aivomatic and Export/Import module. Presta uses too much memory and it fails while creating new item: if we close the view after creating we do not get back anymore because of the error 500. The item does not open anymore. Server memory is over 700 Mt (I looked at the PHP ), it should work. But it is trying to use more memory and fails.

We did check this too: https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/scale/optimizations/

These did not help: 

and 

There also is not help available from the server provider, they are not interested. Only thing they say is "Something is trying to take too much memory". Does somebody already know what is this all about? We also did make a site for SiteGround.com, but at the moment I´m too tired to begin from the start because I have already made the over 1800 items in there...  

CPU is at the moment 0/100
We have do space: 978,53 MB / 4,88 GB
Physical memory 146,71 MB / 768 MB
IOPS 57 / 1 536 
Traffic at the moment 2,47 GB / 78,13 GB

Can someone help? PLEASE? (I´m also thinking about Woocommerce for the solution.)

BR, Kati from Hatka

I have over 1200 products, combination, size, color, features... No problem in 1.6.3,  1.7.6.1 & 1.7.6.4. 

What does system say when you have turn on debug mode ?

Edited by dtwfung (see edit history)

Just now, dtwfung said:

I have over 1200 products, combinatin, features... No problem in 1.6 and 1.7.6.1 to 1.7.6.4. 

What does system say when you have turn on debug mode ?

Hi,

This is solved. As you can see from the latest post the answer were that we changed webhosting server provider :) Siteground.com was the answer, we changed our site in there. Or we will, the site is still under work :) 

- Kati, Hatka

2 minutes ago, Hatka said:

Hi,

This is solved. As you can see from the latest post the answer were that we changed webhosting server provider :) Siteground.com was the answer, we changed our site in there. Or we will, the site is still under work :) 

- Kati, Hatka

I see. Glad to hear that.

Btw, I am using siteground too.

Just now, dtwfung said:

I see. Glad to hear that.

Btw, I am using siteground too.

Sitreground is awesome after all the trouble I had, I´m happy I found it. I were so desperate that I already thought that this was it. I quit my business...

BR, Kati