Cache write problem when updating/changing language

Hello,

Our site which is in developement keeps crashing after I change something in the translations and save it. (It could be that other modifications can also causing the same error, but I only noticed this in translations)

It looks like prestashop fails to write the cache files and folders. After saving the translation presta creates some files and a single folder and after that it stops and the new files have no permissions.

I have to delete these from SSH as root and after this if I refresh the page the site works again and the cache files are written properly.

Or server is running ubuntu, https enabled with lets encrypt.

PHP 7.1.32-1+ubuntu18.04.1+deb.sury.org+1,

Database 10.1.44-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 (innodb),

Prestashop 1.7.6.1

Prestashop has read/write permissions on var/prod or var/dev and all of its subfolders.

In the logs I have this error:

request.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalErrorException: "Compile Error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/mydomain.com/var/cache/prod/ContainerXh3sdm7/getPrestashop_Core_KpiRow_Factory_TranslationsPageService.php' (include_path='/mydomain.com/vendor/pear/pear_exception:/home/mydomain.com/vendor/pear/console_getopt:/home/mydomain.com/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/home/mydomain.com/vendor/pear/archive_tar:.:/usr/share/php')" at /home/mydomain.com/var/cache/prod/ContainerXh3sdm7/appProdProjectContainer.php line 1632 {"exception":"[object] (Symfony\\Component\\Debug\\Exception\\FatalErrorException(code: 0): Compile Error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/mydomain.com/var/cache/prod/ContainerXh3sdm7/getPrestashop_Core_KpiRow_Factory_TranslationsPageService.php' (include_path='/home/mydomain.com/vendor/pear/pear_exception:/home/mydomain.com/vendor/pear/console_getopt:/home/mydomain.com/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/home/mydomain.com/vendor/pear/archive_tar:.:/usr/share/php') at /home/mydomain.com/var/cache/prod/ContainerXh3sdm7/appProdProjectContainer.php:1632)"} []

I also attached the apache log with the errors that were logged when this happend.

apache_log.txt

• 10 months later...