How to hide price from featured product module

Egmont

4 hours ago, Egmont said:

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to hide the price in the featured products module ?

I tried modifying the product.tpl file but it didn't have any effect.

Thankyou so much !

You could try to copy product.tpl to productpp.tpl and instead of calling product.tpl call productpp.tpl from ps_featuredproducts.tpl...

productpp.JPG.4a631fea9160f0469b08101b899f9296.JPG

and comment the price block...

productpp1.thumb.JPG.116cc62b7a26bc52bbf9a80fb9d28e50.JPG

Best Regards

There are several ways:

- If you turn on directory mode, the prices will go away automatically.  
Like here: https://www.coffee-statistics.com/best-single-serve-coffee-maker/
- There are also special modules, for example for opencart (Module Remove product price for Opencart). This is a modification that allows you to disable the display of prices on the site.
If we are talking about Prestashop, you may try Bulk/Mass editing products module. Here are even more functions than in previous one. 

Edited by Alex Miller (see edit history)

hace 2 horas, Alex Miller dijo:

There are several ways:

- There are also special modules, for example for opencart (Module Remove product price for Opencart). This is a modification that allows you to disable the display of prices on the site.
If we are talking about Prestashop, you may try Bulk/Mass editing products module. Here are even more functions than in previous one. 

If I have not understood OP wrong, he only wants to hide prices from featured products so these options are not valid.

10 hours ago, joseantgv said:

If you don't want to modify the template you could hide it by CSS.

Add:

.featured-products .product-price-and-shipping { display: none; }

at 

/themes/YOUR-THEME/assets/css/custom.css

Thankyou so much !

it worked immediately

19 hours ago, PCQUATRO said:

You could try to copy product.tpl to productpp.tpl and instead of calling product.tpl call productpp.tpl from ps_featuredproducts.tpl...

productpp.JPG.4a631fea9160f0469b08101b899f9296.JPG

and comment the price block...

productpp1.thumb.JPG.116cc62b7a26bc52bbf9a80fb9d28e50.JPG

Best Regards

Hello,

Thankyou for your reply,

Do you have an idea why can't I comment the price block without renaming product.tpl into productpp.tpl ?

I ask because it was the first thing i tried and it didn't have any effect, and I don't understand why

Kind regards

9 hours ago, Alex Miller said:

There are several ways:

Thankyou for your reply,

Indeed as mentionned by Jose I wanted to hide the prices only from the miniature, not on the whole website.

Regards

11 minutes ago, Egmont said:

Hello,

Thankyou for your reply,

Do you have an idea why can't I comment the price block without renaming product.tpl into productpp.tpl ?

I ask because it was the first thing i tried and it didn't have any effect, and I don't understand why

Kind regards

Renaming it, would be only because the product.tpl is used by other modules and you shouldn´t mess with it directly. Witch means saying that commenting product.tpl would have the same effect as commenting the productpp.tpl, with the diference that commenting product.tpl would affect all modules that use it...

Anyway the sollution proposed by @joseantgv is simpler and less obtructive, if it works just use it.

Best Regards

Edited by PCQUATRO (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PCQUATRO said:

Renaming it, would be only because the product.tpl is used by other modules and you shouldn´t mess with it directly. Witch means saying that commenting product.tpl would have the same effect as commenting the productpp.tpl, with the diference that commenting product.tpl would affect all modules that use it...

Anyway the sollution proposed by @joseantgv is simpler and less obtructive, if it works just use it.

Best Regards

I understand,

Thankyou for your explanation !