Installing themes on Prestashop 1.4

Fenecs is not 1.4 or ot least it didn't work for me. Currently there is only one FREE 1.4 theme and that is prestashop_alt which you can install via themeinstaller. I tried to copy fenects to the themes folder and chose it in theme selector in Cpanel and got all sorts of errors.

right mate. It will not work. It is for 1.2 max. gives the following error

3 errors

1.config.xml is missing in your theme path.

2.This theme may not correctly use "display store location". You can disable this function on this page

3.config.xml theme file has not been created for this version of prestashop.

there are few outside the prestashop add-ons. If you look through the themes forum you will see few (about 4) which you can use. I am in the process of looking to do it myself and trying to get my head around editing css files. It is not totally alien to me but I am still struggling. I managed to get background image to change )from colour to actual photo) and was going whoop whoop. Now i am designing (learning to design) a logo for my site which needs to use cuneiform (ancient Summerian language) typefaces etc etc. Loads to do mate.

Started to use WAMP (windows, apache, mysql, php) so that I don't keep have to renew my site (I would make a change on my main site and then wouldn't like it so I had to re-ftp etc). It was a pain, now better.

Good luck buddy.

Koray